Monday, October 23, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Seeds




It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



Today we have a snippet from a new MM hockey romance book, Lost in Indigo. In this excerpt one of Mat’s oldest and dearest ‘girlfriends’ gets the upper hand. This scene takes place over the 4th of July after a weekend party at Fran's. 

Our word prompt today is “Seeds”.

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!






Thirty minutes and one slightly damp cast later, Indigo and I were slowly making our way to Fran’s room.
“I need a shave,” I mumbled as I crutched my way past rooms filled with sleeping guests.
“No leave it. I love that short, scruffy beard look.” He danced around me, filled with high spirits and knowing looks. “Beards are in right now.”
“Beards are for playoffs,” I replied as we approached Fran’s suite at the end of the hall.
He knocked lightly while chuckling at my comment. We were summoned into Fran’s rose and white suite. I’d been in here a few times before, well, as far as the lounge or receiving area as our hostess liked to term it. Never into the bedroom proper.
“There you two are,” Fran sailed through the white double doors leading into her bedroom. A white turban covered her hair. She wore a white robe over a rose-colored gown. Tiny white slippers adorned her feet. She looked perfectly made-up and I hadn’t shaved in about five days. “Oh dear, did someone forget to pack a razor?”
Staff scurried around to lift domed tops off the silver platters arranged on a small table with three chairs. The aroma of hickory smoked bacon reached by nose. My mouth watered and my stomach snarled.
“He said to leave it. It’s the new rage.” I made my way to the table after Fran waved at it. Indigo pulled out her chair for her. That got him a loving smile and a pat on the cheek.
“Sometimes the new rages are simply scruffy. But, it’s your face, Mathieu, do with it as you will.” She settled back and watched the two men at her table stuffing food into them with speed. “My, my, my. You two are ravenous.” She dunked a triangle of sesame seed bagel into her coffee cup and gave me a raise of one perfectly plucked eyebrow.
“He’s a growing boy.” Indigo threw me a dark look. “Man. Growing man. Are we not supposed to eat?”
“No, no, eat away.” She was smirking. I didn’t like it. I knew that look. Still, my stomach was empty and I was starved, so I continued eating, as did Indigo. Conversation was spotty because we guys had our mouths filled with eggs, bacon, and toast with peach jam most of the meal. When we began to slow down, Fran topped off our coffee then placed the carafe back on the hot plate by her left. “I’ve forgotten how it is to have a hungry man at my breakfast table. What could you have been up to that would work up such a hearty appetite so early in the day?”
I patted my mouth with a pink napkin. Indigo sipped his coffee, smiled uncomfortably, and let me handle her questions.
“We were lifting weights.” I knew the lie was terrible as soon as it fell out of my stupid mouth. Fran nodded as if judging my reply. Indigo hid behind his mug, slurping steadily until the cup was empty. Then he stood up and fumbled for an excuse to leave.
“I wanted to take pictures of my work before we leave to show to my professors. May I be excused?” He was so cute and so freaking polite. I was proud of him even though I had nothing to do with his upbringing.
“Of course, my sweet Indigo. Go snap pictures. Your employer will be here when you’re done.” She smiled up at him. “Oh, before you leave. Take this.” She slid an envelope out from under her china plate and held it out to Indigo.
“No, Ma’am, thank you but no. Mr. Beresford pays me weekly.”
“I’m aware, but you weren’t doing all the extra work for Mr. Beresford, you were doing it for me.” She shoved the envelope at him. He shook his head, soft black hair sliding back and forth over his brow.
“If I were you, I’d take it,” I piped up as he tried to back away from the table. “Trust me, she’s not going to take no for an answer.”
He looked from me to Fran. She waved the envelope at him once again. “Okay, thank you very much, Mrs. Webster. It’s greatly appreciated.”
Into a back pocket the money went then he hustled off to snap pictures of flowers while I faced down Gloria Gossip in the white turban. She really was a striking woman. Deep brown eyes, incredible high cheek bones, and plump red lips. Her chin was a bit pointy but it worked well with the rest of her face.
“When did you and Indigo become an item?” She casually asked, folding her arms over her small breasts. I suspected that was what all the pointed comments had been about. She’d not shocked me. Not that easily.
“I have no idea what you’re talking about. He’s my Man Friday, I suppose you’d call it.”
“Oh? Is that what the kids are calling it now? Man Friday. Hmm, yes, well he does seem to be all of that. Is sleeping with your Man Friday part of his duties as your factotum?”
“You’ve been watching too many movies on Logo.” I sniffed then reached for the sugar bowl.
“Mathieu, do you honestly think I didn’t know you were using me as a beard for the past seven years?”
My hand froze then dropped to the table. “I – what? You’re…beard? That’s insane.”




Copyright 2017 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



2 comments:

Jillian said...

I'm thinking I don't like Fran. Great use of the word prompt!

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

I like the way Indigo dances around. Great job describing Fran! Nice kick at the end.