Monday, April 24, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Life




It`s time for Tuesday Tales.






 Welcome back! “Life” is our word this week. Today I’m sharing snippets from my new M/M shifter romance, An Erie Uprising, which will be the final novella in the Lake Erie shifter series.

In this snippet, we get enjoy the homecoming scene between our hero, Templeton Reed, a skunk shifter, and his life mate, Mikel Lupei, the alpha of the Lake Erie pack.

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!



Rugby, Margaret, and I sauntered down the grand staircase. I gave the portraits of Vaclar Lupei a sour look, something I did every time I passed Mikel’s hateful father. Eru and Mrs. Dunrite, our Dwarven halfling cook, waited off to the side of the stairs. Rugby hurried to the front doors, pulled the massive things open, and bowed deeply to the four massive wolves padding through the doors. Dead leaves whipped into the foyer, skittering over the smooth marble floor. Eru and Mrs. Dunrite gave the pack a curtsey. The largest wolf, a gorgeous brindle the size of a chest freezer, dashed up the stairs and leaped on me. Wet, muddy paws resting on my shoulders, Mikel’s heft knocked me to my backside on the staircase. Then the licking began.

“Oh, Mikel, stop, stop! This is a new suit. Ha-ha! Ah, no, get your tongue out of my ear.”

He lapped at my face and then, as gently as if I were a new babe, took my wrist in his mouth and tugged ever-so-tenderly. I got to my feet then knelt on the stairs to embrace him. His head rested on my shoulder, long snout snuffling in my hair.

“Let’s take this to the library. Rugby has some snacks and your clothing laid out in front of the fire.” The chilly air blowing in disappeared when the major domo closed the doors. Mikel chuffed an affirmative and then loped off, his plush tail wagging gently.

I stopped to pet each wolf – Havel first as was fitting his station as a Lupei - and then Eddie and Dave. Each licked my fingers then Havel rushed up to greet his lady love while the other two pups padded off to do whatever it was they would do. I suspected David, our big brown wolf, would end up down by the lake. He and a certain merman had grown quite close over the summer months. How that would go I couldn’t guess. And Eddie, our scarred member would probably end up trailing after Eru, with whom he seemed quite smitten.

Mikel had beaten me to my second favorite room in this old manse, our bed chamber being the first. When I entered the huge room, I found him standing in front of the hearth, naked as the day he had been born. Oh, but the light of the fire did marvelous things for him. The firelight made his reddish-black hair glow. He turned to look at me as I shut the door. A smile pulled up the corners of his lush mouth. I stood by the door, slightly muddy and disheveled, and simply admired him. He was a tall male, thick with muscle, long-legged, and endowed with a tremendous cock which even now was standing stiff and ready. I wet my lips as my eyes roamed over my life mate.

“Two weeks from you is too long, Templeton,” Mikel said. It was good to hear his voice again. I adored the slight Slavic accent that flavored his speech.

“I feel the same,” I replied then motioned to the rolling cart filled with treacle tarts, hot coffee in a thermos, cream and sugar, and two heavy mugs. “Mrs. Dunrite baked those for you just a few hours ago.”

“They look delicious, but not nearly as tasty as you. Come to me, Templeton. Leave your clothes on the settee with mine. You won’t need them for some time.”




Copyright 2017 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



6 comments:

Jean Joachim Books said...

My first shifter story! And I'm loving it. Of course your writing is why. Love the references to the fur, so tactile,I can almost feel it in my fingers.

Susanne Matthews said...

Someone's glad to be home. Good scene.

Karen Cino said...

The first part of the scene with the the dog was cute. The the bedroom scene is heating up. Nice scene.

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks so much everyone!

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

I like the slight Slavic accent, too-- and all the other stuff! Great job of sensory focus for the shifters' perspective.

Trisha Faye said...

Great scene! This isn't a genre I usually read, but with your top-notch writing skills, I'm entranced.