Friday, April 21, 2017

Fandom Friday Review - A Series of Unfortunate Events (Netflix)




Amazing.  A word which here means startlingly impressive.




And this show is just that and more! My daughter, who was a HUGE Lemony Snicket’s fan – like her mother – exclaimed “Oh man! Lemony Snickets was my shit back in the day!” A phrase here which means the books were something beloved and well-known when she was younger.

(I’m really having too much fun with this review and my trip down Snickets Lane. I’ll try to stop but I make no promises.)

This show is as close to perfect as it can be. The cast is superb. I had my doubts about anyone but Jim Carrey playing Count Olaf but Neil Patrick Harris (who we all adore) in the role is phenomenal! He steals every scene he’s in, and not only because he’s working with children. The man has gotten Count Olaf down.

Patrick Warburton as Lemony Snickets is the ideal choice as narrator for these oh-so sad tales. The three youngsters who star as Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire are adorable and play their roles so nicely. 

It’s just an all-around great adaptation of the books and there’s going to be another season so YIPPEE! My now adult daughter and I are tickled pink. A phrase here which means delighted. 

Yep, that’s just what we are!



~~*~~



If you're interested, here are the links to my fan fiction blog and AO3 page:

No comments: