Friday, October 7, 2016

My Boys Are Coming Home!



To say the last month has been a whirlwind would be an understatement. It’s been one crazy, happy, stressful, maddening, delirious ride on the back of a snorting, wild bull. Somehow, I think I have managed to hold on for the full eight seconds. I think. Maybe.




As many of you know the publishing world is topsy-turvy right now. Heck, it’s been that way for a couple years. New houses spring up and then disappear a few months later. Old houses fold daily. It’s hard to know what to do, where to turn, and where to go.
Amid all of this insanity, we author-types have to try to decide what to do when our houses collapse. Do we try to find another house or do we self-publish? I’ve made the decision to try self-publishing my M/M books. That choice was made months ago, and I thought I had my plans all nice and neat. Then the news came that the house that held my best-selling gay hockey romances was officially closing their doors at the end of the year. When I heard this I had two reactions:

 One – “But I just had my 2017 release schedule all tidy.” *heavy sigh*

 Two – “Victor, Dan, and all my Cougars are coming home!” *robust dance and considerable fanny shaking*

So yes, by the start of the new year, Victor Kalinski should belong to me, me, me and only me, if everything goes according to Hoyle. That means that all the things (aka books) that I SO desperately wanted to do for my beloved Venomous Pole and his team can now happen! I’d shelved any future plans for Vic for various personal reasons, and was going to give this house one more book - Mario and August’s stories -  then move on. Now, you all can have lots more Vic, because let’s face it, everyone wants a little more Kalinski.



Now, all that happy and joy does come with a small price. Since I’m getting the rights back, that means that I am going to have to get new covers. Okay, I don’t have to get new covers for Vic and Dan, but I am. My cover artist and I are working on branding all of my M/M books and I want Victor and Dan to fit in. I’m going to put all three of the Point Shot books into a boxed set with a hot new cover, offer it up at a great price, and then probably collapse from exhaustion. I’m kidding. Mostly.
Once that’s done, then I can get cover art and editing done for Mario and August. Sadly, that means that it’s going to be a bit longer for us to read about Mario and Madame Lila as well as August and Sal. I’m sorry about the delay, truly. I’d fully planned to have the duology out in early 2017 but that’s not going to happen now. I apologize to all my readers who are so patiently waiting for this book.

So, here’s what my amended release schedule for 2107 now looks like, barring any other world tipping news, natural disasters, medical emergencies, plagues of locusts, or other such falderal.



Jan. 18- Angle Play (Venom #4)

Feb.-

March- Point Shot Boxed Set

April 6-Newsletter Freebie Birthday Gift (M/M Paranormal short story for newsletter subscribers only)

May 3- Playmaker (F/F Venom Novella)

June-

July-Cayuga Cougars Duology

August-

September 27-Finding the Edge, Brighton Wood Blades #1 (M/M Hockey Romance Series)

October-

November 1-Flow (Venom #5)

December-






1 comment:

Cathy Brockman said...

That is awesome news. I am glad the boys are coming home! I didn't see any EErie or Tabby in that list LOL! Leave it to me to be difficult.