Monday, October 15, 2018

Tuesday Tales - Hazy





It`s time for Tuesday Tales!



Today we have a snippet from One-on-One, Cayuga Cougars #5, my current MM hockey romance WIP. This romance centers around Lancaster Hart, associate coach for the Cougars, and Townsend Harris, a mayoral aide. In today’s snippet Lancaster and Townsend are taking a tour of one the Finger Lakes many wineries for date number two! 

Our word prompt today is “Hazy.”

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!



After the cellar tour we were taken back upstairs and out to the tasting barn. The walls had been knocked out, and the roof replaced with old timbers. Half barrels filled with flowers were beside every thick old post holding up the roof. Long folding tables and chairs awaited us.
Town and I sat down with two older couples who smiled warmly at us and chatted away as our tiny little cups of wine were filled with various flavors of the white wines Randy Rooster offered. Then we were presented with the reds. After each taste we took a sip of water. Town and I much preferred the sweeter reds to the tart whites. Crackers and cheese were placed on the tables, and we were given order forms to fill in, if we so desired, as we nibbled. We decided to place one order and he could just buy me dinner on the way home.
“Get a bottle of the cherry,” Town leaned over my shoulder to supervise my box checking. “Oh and grab me one of the blackberry. Did you like the peach?”
“I think so. I’ll get a peach and a blueberry. I better stock in some white though, Betty enjoys a nice Reisling.” I went along ticking boxes, Town’s warm body pressed to my side enjoyable.
“Is your ex-wife coming to visit?”
I looked from the wine list to my date. He wasn’t upset by the looks, just curious.
“I think so.” I laid down the pencil we’d been provided with and placed a hand on the order form lest the wind off the lake blow it away. “I may have made the mistake of telling Betty about us.” His eyebrows flew up his brow. “I know, I was just…well, I was over the moon after our dinner last Sunday and she called and, hell, it just gushed out of me. I hope you’re not too mad.”
He gave me a light kiss on the nose. “I’m not mad. I’m thrilled that I made you gush.”
“You do. Every time I think about you I gush. That sounded dirty…” Town chortled. “Anyway, she told the kids and now they all want to meet you. I was waiting for the confirmation call that they’d booked flights before I told you. No need to get your tail in a kink if they didn’t show.”
“They all want to meet me?!” His shock was evident, as was his worry. His brow furrowed instantly.
“They don’t have to if you don’t want to. Lord knows I’m not thrilled to foist my family onto you after only two dates. Please, just say so and I’ll explain to them that—”
“No, no, it’s fine. I was just unprepared. I’d like to meet them, your kids.” He recovered quickly I had to give him that. Must be all that political training of his.
“And my ex-wife? How do you feel about that?” I glanced from Town to our tablemates.  The two couples seated with us seemed quite interested in our conversation. Probably they were trying to work out how an obvious queer like me could have an ex-wife and kids. “Why don’t we go for a walk and finish this talk?”
I pocketed the order list, stood up, and offered Town my hand. He got to his feet as well. We wished the old folks a fine day, linked hands, and strolled off. I led him to a nice little spot under a massive oak where we could look at Seneca Lake and let the winds off her choppy surface blow up and over us. The sky had a summery, hazy look to it.
“So, Betty?” I nudged him a bit.
His lips flattened. “Okay, I’m a little nervous about the ex-wife. That sounds kind of awkward.”
I slid an arm around his waist, his solid frame snug to mine. “She’s not your usual ex. She’s incredibly happy for me, for us.” I waved a hand to indicate him and I. “With us dating, not that we’re a committed thing or such. Hell, this is a pot full of peppers.”
He turned to look at me, his hands coming to my hips. “I think we can say that we’re dating. We are on a date, and I’m hoping we can go on others. Does that freak you out?”
“Hell no! I’m signed up for as many dates as I can get. All I do is think about you, about how you make me feel, and how I long to make you feel the same for me.”
“Kiss me.”
 I was happy to oblige. 




Copyright 2018 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



6 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Meeting families is never easy. I remember how terrified I was when I met my in-laws for the first time. Great post.

Jean Joachim Books said...

What a sweet snippet. And the way you set the scene. I could almost taste the wine.

LeeAnn said...

This is so GOOD!!!

Cathy Brockman said...

Such a sweet snippet.

Jillian said...

love it. the wine part especially. Yum

Trisha Faye said...

Ha! '...a pot full of peppers!' I love some of the quirky - and GREAT - phrases you come up with.