Monday, October 8, 2018

Tuesday Tales - Green





It`s time for Tuesday Tales!



Today we have a snippet from One-on-One, Cayuga Cougars #5, my current MM hockey romance WIP. This romance centers around Lancaster Hart, associate coach for the Cougars, and Townsend Harris, a mayoral aide. In today’s snippet Lancaster and Town are enjoying their first date.

Our word prompt today is “Green.”

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!





“Did I say something to offend?” Town asked, lifting the nearly empty wine bottle and giving it a swirl before dumping the rest into our glasses.
“Nope, not at all. Remind me to never eat cantaloupe then wash it down with wine,” I covered, hoping to get myself out of that funk I fell into whenever I looked back on my cowardice. I made a face to emphasize how sour the combination was. Town chuckled softly and nestled into the puffy swing cushion, his side tight to mine. We rocked, our toes dug into the soft green grass, our legs pushing back gently in perfect unison. “This is the most wonderful night that I’ve had in many a year.”
“It’s pretty special, I agree.” I got bold and draped my arm around his shoulder. I’d not cuddled on a swing with a person for ages. The last time had been with Betty several years ago at her mother’s house. “My fingers are so sticky,” he murmured.
Mine were too. “Who has the energy to get up and walk to the house to wash up?”
“Not me. I’d be content to sit here and rock with you for the rest of my life.” He stiffened under my arm, his shoulders tightening up. “I didn’t mean…don’t take that the wrong way.”
“Wrong way?”
He sat up and looked at me, the moon painting the yard and his dark skin milky white. “Like I was pushing for something more.”
“Ah, well that’s sorely disappointing because I was hoping for lots more. More dinners, more talking, more swinging, and lots more necking.” I reached up to touch his cheek. The rasp of his whiskers made me tremble with want. How long had I dreamed of feeling a man’s new beard under my fingertips? Too damn long.
“That’s nice to know. Most men are so distant and commitment shy. Not that I’m asking for any kind of commitment! Shit, I shouldn’t drink so much wine.”
I kissed him then, and it was sweet and hot and binding. Yes, binding, at least for me. “I’m not sure how most gay men do this whole dating thing. Maybe it’s all catting around for them, getting that itch scratched, but for me, it’s never been about sex first. For me, it’s about feeling that connection to another person then the sex. Could be I’m just an old-fashioned fool.”




Copyright 2018 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



6 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Lovely post. I love the motion of a swing, too. Sticky or not, i wouldn't want to get up either.

Jean Joachim Books said...

Love the perspective of someone new to this new life. How he doesn't know what to do, even though he's not a youngster. Beautifully done.

Cathy Brockman said...

Lovely post!

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all!

Jillian said...

love the last part. Well done

Trisha Faye said...

Wonderful snippet!