Monday, September 3, 2018

Tuesday Tales - Bone





It`s time for Tuesday Tales!



Today we have a snippet from Touch of a Yellow Sun., Colors of Love #2, my current MM hockey romance WIP. In this opposites attract tale instigator and on-ice pain-in-the-ass Marek Hafer and yogi Shey Pierson find themselves living next door to each other. Talk about conflicting professions! Will the two men’s personalities clash as well, or will they be able to find some common ground to build a relationship on?

Our word prompt today is “Bone.”

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!





I sipped my tea, wishing it was straight bourbon. That would dull me faster.
“Do you know who Tennessee Williams is?”
I threw him a befuddled look. “Country singer?”
“You’re thinking of Tennessee Ernie Ford.” I shrugged and gulped more tea. Sometimes I was a real bone-head. Next cup was going to be all bourbon with a dash of tea-colored water over rocks. “Tennessee Williams was a playwright. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Streetcar Named Desire?”
“Yeah, I’ve seen the movies.”
“Okay, so you know his work.” He wiggled closer, his need to touch not completely unwanted. His hand on my thigh felt good. “He once said that ‘Hell is yourself and the only redemption is when a person puts himself aside to feel deeply for another person.’ Maybe you’ve only just gotten to the point where you can begin to truly find redemption because this might be the first time you’ve set yourself aside to feel deeply for someone else.”
I stared at the pretty man I adored openly. He raised a slim golden eyebrow.
“How do you do that? I mean, how do you touch things inside me that I don’t even touch? How do you know what to say all the time?” I really wanted more tea followed by more Shey.
“You’re not that complex of a man to read, Marek.” He squeezed my thigh. “I think you’ve finally started the journey of self-awareness and self-love.”
“Uh, nah, I don’t think there’s much self-love in me. I love you, and I think it’s you that’s doing all this good stuff for me.”
“No, no, I’m not.” He tucked a leg under his ass then settled those eyes of his on me. “I’m merely a guide. You’re the one doing the hard work. I’m just taking you across the river of doubt by pointing out the rocks that are safe to step on. Meditation, yoga, opening yourself to new ideas, loving someone.” His nose crinkled. “That sounded really egotistical, as if you’d never loved anyone before I came along.”
“I did, I guess. Sort of.” I leaned over to steal a perfect little kiss. “None of them made me look at myself though, not like you do.” I cupped his face, his chin resting in my palm. “So where do I step now?”
“You’ll have to look deeper inside yourself to find that answer.”
“That’s a crappy reply for a wise yogi man like you.” I took another taste of his lips. “Maybe you and me can work on that over this holiday break the league give me.”




Copyright 2018 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



4 comments:

LeeAnn said...

More ....need more..��

Susanne Matthews said...

Great scene
I love Tennessee Williams

Tricia said...

Aww...the love Shae is leading Marek to is giving me the warm fuzzies! Great job!

Trisha Faye said...

Now I'm in the mood to find me a wise, sexy yogi to love on! (Shhh! Don't tell my better half LOL) Great scene!