Friday, July 27, 2018

British Holiday





It’s been a whirlwind summer filled with travel so far! My daughter and I took our first international trip last week and visited the beautiful country of Great Britain. We stayed with my friend and coauthor, RJ Scott and her delightful family, who were incredible tour guides and kept us laughing the entire time!



We had a day in London where we got to ride the London Eye, enjoy a boat ride along the Thames, and enjoy the city on top of a double-decker tour bus.



There were days spent visiting quaint English villages such as Weedon and Castle Combs.



Trips to stately manors also filled our days. We had a delicious cream tea at Clivedon Manor one day then walked the grounds to enjoy the flowerbeds.



Wales – and a graduation from Cardiff U. for RJ’s daughter awaited – so we made our way there with a short stop in Bristol for a meet and greet. After a night in a grand old hotel we arrived in Wales where we spent some time at Chepstow Castle along the River Wye.



As a huge Torchwood/Dr. Who fan, I had to spend some time at Mermaid Quay in Cardiff Bay. I got to stand right where they filmed quite a few scenes for Jack, Ianto, and the gang. Talk about exciting!




On the way home we made a small trip to Stonehenge. It was a mystical, magical experience that I will never forget.




Our eight days went so quickly! We’re looking forward to returning to Great Britain soon. The people are so welcoming and warm, the food is delicious (I do love me some pie ‘n’ mash) and the countryside is stunning. If you’ve never been to the UK please consider visiting. You will not be disappointed!








1 comment:

Jillian said...

I love England - looks like a grand time!