Monday, June 18, 2018

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt





It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



Today we have an excerpt from Ryker, Owatonna U. Hockey #1, a new adult MM hockey romance novel I’m coauthoring with RJ Scott.

This week is a picture prompt week, which means all excerpts must be 300 words or under and they must reflect our chosen image in some manner. This snippet takes place after Ryker and Jacob have met at a summer conditioning camp. The two young men have started having some serious feelings for each other but it’s the last day of camp and they’re now faced with never seeing each other again. This excerpt is from Jacob’s point of view.

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!





The last day at camp all the Eagles decided we had to do breakfast at this quaint little coffee shop in town. Why? I had no clue until Ryker and I shuffled in, the beautiful morning pretty dull for us despite the brilliant blue sky, the birds singing, and the puffy white clouds overhead. We had two hours left until we went our separate ways and despite how I’d promised myself this little thing was just for sex, not waking up to hear him chattering away or see him spread out on his bed, hair all tangled from sleep or sex or both…it was going to suck.

Right, so enough about what was coming in two hours, Jacob.

The coffee shop had fresh baked muffins so big you needed two hands to hold them. Also, the staff was made up of cute girls in little green aprons who flirted with the team.

I flopped down next to Ben who was attacking a blueberry muffin the size of a soccer ball, his eyes dropping shut in sheer bliss.

“I missed this kind of food,” he sighed around his mouthful of empty calories. We’d done nothing but eat healthy for a month, and while that had shown up in a toner body and more energy, I could not deny that I was this close to drooling over the coffeecake muffin Ryker placed in front of me, along with a massive mug of hot coffee, black with sugar.

We ate, we talked, we made jokes, we drank coffee and said goodbye to the guys. Ryker shook every hand of every Eagle, promising to stay in touch, exchanging phone numbers and social media information. I waited on the sidewalk, hands in my front pockets, eyes on my old sneakers, for him to stop being so personable and well-liked, but he never did stop being Ryker. And I kind of liked that about him.



Copyright 2018 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



6 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Excellent start. Enough to get me to want it RIGHT now. 😀

Susanne Matthews said...

Man, I want me one of those muffins! Well done.

Cathy Brockman said...

Awe sorry they have to split.

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks all!

Jean Joachim Books said...

Great snippet! As usual, with few words you painted a complex picture of both the team and the main characters. Beautifully done.

Anonymous said...

I used to be able to find good info from your
blog articles.