Monday, May 14, 2018

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt





It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



Today we have a snippet from Shake the Stars, my current MM contemporary romance. In this scene, Dane and Bonnie, a female employee of the lodge who Dane has kind of befriended, run into Keenan with some of his friends and Dane has his first bitter taste of jealousy.

This week is our picture prompt and all snippets must be 300 words or thereabouts.

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!



“Oh hey, there’s the pool crowd! You so need to meet them! Keenan! Drew! Amber!” Bonnie shouted, took me by the hand, and led me right to a trio of people sitting under a massive red oak tree. “Guys, this is Dane Forrester, he’s a guest but he’s cool. Oh shit, hand me some of that. I had to spend all day in the office!”

Amber, I guess it had to be, passed a skinny joint to Bonnie who sucked a hit into her lungs as if she were Tommy Chong.

Keenan looked up at me, the light of the fire dancing on his face. I stared at him, mesmerized by the play of light touching his cheeks and brow. Bonnie offered the joint to me, but I shook my head and continued to stare at Keenan like a moron.

“Yeah, we met. How goes it?” Keenan asked with a soft kind of smile. Bonnie shuffled a little at my side, blocking the firelight and blotting out being able to read Keenan’s eyes.

Bonnie squeezed my fingers. The earth could have swallowed me up right then and I would not have cared. I pulled my hand from hers and put some distance between us. Keenan, it seemed, cared not a whit about Bonnie and me. His attention was totally on Drew who was perhaps too good-looking to be anything but a model. Bonnie stood her ground, sharing a joint with Amber, who had flowing golden hair and a perma-scowl, while I tried not to notice how Keenan joked with Drew and smiled warmly at Drew and touched Drew on his bare knee in an intimate way. After a few minutes it was all too much, and I wandered off, leaving Keenan and fucking Drew with the stupid perfectly proportionate face to touch and whisper like lovers. Ugh, they probably were.




Copyright 2018 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



4 comments:

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

What a perfect last sentence! Enthralling deep POV.

Jean Joachim Books said...

Love the tension building and the jealousy. This is not a simple story and that intrigues me.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you Flossie and Jean!

Tricia said...

No! Keenan belongs with Drew! *throws temper tantrum*
Love these characters just like I love the other ones! Great job!