Wednesday, February 21, 2018

MM Goodness Review - Dead Things by Meredith Russell






#MM #PostApocalyptic #SciFi

KU Exclusive


Some of you may not know this, but I am a HUGE fan of zombies. I love the heck out of books/shows/movies about survival in a post-apocalyptic world overrun with shuffling dead folk. There’s just something about watching those last survivors working out how to go on, how to live and love, in a world gone mad that I find wildly appealing. Hence my devotion to The Walking Dead, why I went to see Max Brooks speak at our local college (he was fab by the way), and why I penned an MM series about just such a thing a few years ago. I’m big on the zombies.

So, when I find a great book in this genre with gay leads, I want to shout about it, because they’re few and far between. Or at least I’ve not come across many. Dead Things is a wonderful tale of loss, pain, recovery, and love. The world building is superb, the plot perfectly paced and suspenseful, and the dialog crisp. And then we have the romance, which is done so well and with such regard to the horrors both men have endured, I just wanted to weep in sympathy and joy.


Ms. Russell has done an excellent job and I cannot wait to leap into the next book in the series.


5 out of 5 stars


1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Definitely on my tbr list. I thought I was the only one who wanted Daryl and Jesus to get together! So glad I'm not!!