Friday, February 2, 2018

Hat Trick of Questions #2









We’re back for more questioning and answering. Before we get rolling I’d just like to say that I really like the look of Book Antiqua and wish I could write everything in it all the time. Okay, my font fantasies aside, let’s do another three reader inspired questions!




Will you ever write/release anything other than sports romance?


Yes! For sure. I’m currently working on getting my MM Lake Erie shifter books packaged up into a collection for release around Halloween. I’m also toying with an idea for a paranormal MM romance about a monster hunter with very famous genes who must work with the king of vampires to defeat a powerful enemy to both man and vamp. Along the way the two enemies just sort of fall into bed and probably into love. 

There is also a story about a gay fallen angel that's been whispering in my ear for some time now, so either one of those might just be my NaNoWriMo novel this year if I can keep my fingers off them until November.




Who are some authors who inspire you? And why?


Oh boy, there are plenty. One that I always list is J.R. Ward. I simply love the way she writes her males. I like how she doesn’t feminize the Brothers in any way and yet they’re tender and loving to their mates. Realistic men appeal to me. Which is why in my hockey books the guys sound like guys. The curse, they spit, they scratch their balls, and they say things that are sometimes offensive in the locker room. Yet when these men are with their lovers, they’re besotted and sweet. Yes, Victor, that goes for you too.

Another author that I find quite inspirational is Armistead Maupin, who wrote the ‘Tales of the City’ books many a moon ago. They remain one of my most beloved series of books to this day. I read them before I started writing gay romance and I found them wonderfully appealing and so helpful in beginning to understand the lives and challenges of gay men in this country. They were amazing reads, filled with laughter and heartbreak, and I just adore them still.



What do you use to write with?


I write on a HP laptop and use Word. Yep. That’s it. I’m old-fashioned and incredibly tech dumb. Truly. Ask my daughter. Ask my co-author. I’m the Wilma Flintstone of technology. Other authors are using this app and that app, setting up fancy folders and using color-coded hootenditties and then there’s Vicki plodding along with her trusty old Word program, her paper day planner, and a bag filled with Bronto burgers for Hubster.



Do you have any questions for me? Feel free to leave them in the comments section and I’ll answer them next time around!





No comments: