Monday, January 22, 2018

Tuesday Tales - Greasy




 It`s time for Tuesday Tales.




Today we have another excerpt from Overtime, Cayuga Cougars #4, an MM hockey romance book.

Our word prompt today is “Greasy”. This scene is the first time that Sander meets Noah Coombs, Mateo’s boyfriend, and the third partner in this polyamorous romance.

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!




I peeked around the sharp corner into the living room as I pulled off my coat. Nothing fancy in the way of furnishings but damn the man sitting on a big pillow on the floor sure was beautiful. Short sandy blond hair, a startling pair of sky blue eyes, and cheek bones you could rest a beer bottle on, Noah sat looking at me, his long legs folded into a lotus, a pad of some sort on his lap. He was wearing a tank top and lounge pants. His feet were bare.
“Hey,” I said to break the spell he seemed to be in. His gaze darted to Mat coming back into the living room.
“Kind of hard to see the TV from there. Come in,” Mat said, waving at me before flopping down into a couch that had a massive sag in the middle. “Bring that controller. We’ll get you logged in and then we’ll hit that pizza.”
I moseyed into the big room, giving the pictures on the walls a cursory glance and then eyeing the blond who was still staring at me openly. The closer I got the better I could see the fine details of his face. Thick, dark lashes tipped with gold, a small mole on his shoulder right above a floral looking tattoo on his right bicep. His right ear was pierced, and a small tulip hung from his lobe. His tank top also had a bunch of flowers on it.
“Sander, this is my boyfriend, Noah Coombs. Babe, this is Sander March. I told you about him? The hockey player.” Mat spoke while firing up the PS4.
“You were both losers,” Noah commented, his gaze finally leaving me to return to the large sketchpad resting on his lap. Now that I was closer I saw that he had a pencil. Mat had said he was a comic artist. Maybe he was creating a new comic.
“Yeah, pretty much,” I replied, picturing these two striking men pressed up against each other, bared to my eyes, cocks hard and weepy, kissing and caressing each other. My dick liked that image. A lot. I sat down fast, and leaned up to hide the half hard prick in my jeans. Flustered, I grasped at something to say. “You drawing a new comic?”
I heard Mat suck in a sharp breath through his teeth. Fuck.
“It’s not a comic, it’s a manga.” Noah replied, got to his bare feet, and walked into the kitchen, his sketchpad in his hand.
“Sorry,” I immediately said. “I just felt weird and he was staring at me and…”
“It’s okay.” I gave Mat a doubtful look. “Seriously, it’s okay. He’s sensitive about it but since you’re a new friend, he’ll let it slide quickly. Also, I should have warned you about how intense Noah can be at times.”
“Intense how?” The sound of glass plates being taken from a cupboard floated out of the kitchen.
“He’s an artist and sometimes he gets…lost in the appreciation of beauty.”
I blinked a few times. “You’re saying that he stares at people like that all the time?”
“Only ones he finds artistically appealing.” Mat smiled gently. “That’s a compliment by the way. Don’t be surprised if your face turns up in one of his yaoi books.”
“Thanks, for the compliment. I think you guys are hot too.” The room felt a little too warm now, Mateo’s cologne a tad too appealing. “What’s yaoi?”
“It’s a Japanese genre of illustrated gay romance, basically.”
“Oh.” I turned my head to try to see into the kitchen. That would be kind of cool to be in a gay comic. Manga. Shit. I really needed to get that pounded into my head. When I looked back at Mat, he was holding out my controller, a soft sort of sensual smile playing on his lips. “Like how explicit are these yaoi books?”
“Oh, they can be pretty graphic, but his are tempered with lots of romance.”
“Huh, and this is for gay men?” I seriously had never heard of this before.
“Usually it’s written by women for women. I know, go figure, but sure, gay men buy them. Noah works under a pen name, since the whole for women by women thing. Tulip Ito.”
“That’s his pen name?”
“Yeah.” Mat glanced from me to something behind me. “Hey babe, I was just telling Sander about your books and your pen name. You cool with him?”
“Guess so.” Noah came around the sofa with two glass plates holding two slices of greasy pizza each. “It’s manga.” He said, his voice low and smooth, as if he feared being too loud or something. “Not comics.”
“Right, totally got that. Thanks man.” I took the dinner plate. Noah then disappeared into the kitchen, coming out later with his sketch pad, a plate of his own, and a beer. He never said another word to me or Mat, just walked behind the beater sofa and disappeared into a room that I assumed was the bedroom. 
Artists seemed to be just as quirky as goalies.






Copyright 2018 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



7 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Can't wait to see how this works out. 😉

V.L. Locey said...

Hopefully it works out well! ;)

Tricia said...

I read Noah and totally had the image of my little cousin in my head, who I adore. I love the interaction between the three of them!

Cathy Brockman said...

Dang I kept trying to swipe the page again. I need this book!

Jillian said...

great post. I Love the idea of manga for women by women but gay men buy it, too. AND great pen name!

Jean Joachim Books said...

Very intense scene. I could feel the tension, almost as if I was in the room. Well done.

Trisha Faye said...

You always come up with the most unusual things in your stories. It gives them depth & reality. Excellent.