Monday, December 25, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Pitch




 It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



Today we have a snippet from Last Defense, Harrisburg Railers #5, an MM hockey romance book coauthored with RJ Scott that we’re currently writing. In this excerpt
Our word prompt today is “Pitch”.

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!





I was waiting for Max to arrive. I knew he’d show up. Call it a hunch or the Force or a good guess, but I could feel him coming closer. Imagine his shock when he showed up at the locked gates of the shelter and I was waiting for him, motor running, ready to take him on a real date.
“Hey,” he cautiously said while paying and tipping the driver.
“Hey yourself,” I replied, ass resting on the bumper of my Jeep, arms crossed, the ultimate picture of Mr. Cool. If only my interior was as chill as my exterior. My stomach was a jumble of nerves, my heart was skipping a beat by the feels, and my cock was plumping up just looking at the man in his suit and tie.
Max looked through the gates at the shelter. Crickets chirruped, and a dog barked. The air was heavy with humidity. The steady hum of city traffic surrounded us.
“What’s going on?” He pulled his blue tie out from under his shirt collar and shoved it into his front pocket. Then the jacket was removed, showing off thick arms wrapped in soft cotton.
“We’re going on a date.”
He glanced back at me, one eyebrow climbing upward.
“We are?”
“Yes. We are.” I opened the passenger side door for him. “We have to hurry though. It closes at ten.”
“Uh, that only gives us about forty minutes.” He showed me the heavy watch on his left wrist.
“Which is why I’m telling you to hurry.” I waved a hand at the interior of my car.
“I thought DK was with you.”
“He was. Now he’s not.” Another jerky motion at the open door.
He walked over and got into the car. I shut the door like a proper gentleman then raced around the front of the Jeep and dove behind the wheel.
“Good thing the game didn’t go into overtime,” I said, pulling away with my confused date at my right. I turned up the stereo and Teddy Pendergrass oozed out of the speakers.
“Good thing.” He buckled up then hit me with a firm look. “What is all this about?”
“It’s about the fact that we never had a date.” I glanced quickly at him then back to the road. Teddy was crooning about turning out the lights. Mm-mm-mm that sounded good. Me, Max, a bed, and a dark room. Or a room with lights. I was good with either scenario.
No. Dammit. No. This is a no sex date night. Be strong, Benton!
“I didn’t know we were doing the whole dating thing.”
Worry set in. I concentrated on the traffic leaving the city. I prayed he wouldn’t pitch a fit over my pushy behavior.
“I wasn’t either at first.” I’d decided to be honest with the man. He had always been one hundred percent honest with me. No false promises or honeyed words to get me into bed, not that he’d needed them, but still…
“And now you think you want the dating thing.”
“If you do.” Argh. No, that was backpedaling. Be strong, Benton! “I mean yeah. I want to date you.”
I jerked my chin up a bit as I zipped along, my speed maybe a bit higher than it legally should be.
“Huh.”
I threw him a look, but he seemed well and truly into himself, so I let that admission bounce around the inside of the Jeep as we hightailed it to Hershey.
When we pulled up at the park, Max’s bushy eyebrows knotted up. “So, we busted ass to get to an amusement park?”






Copyright 2017 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



9 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

So cool! I've been to the amusement park in Hershey! It's worth "busting ass" to get there. Great scene.

LeeAnn said...

So here's the thing...if you and Rj could just send me each chapter as you write it, that'd be great..ok? Thanks. 😝😝😝But seriously.. do that. lol πŸ€”

V.L. Locey said...

Susanne - It's been years since I've been to Hershey Park but I recall it fondly.

LeeAnn- You're too funny!

Jillian said...

Love this! I, too have been to Hershey Park. I love, love that you used it in your story!

Cathy Brockman said...

LOL. Fun excerpt. I chose Branson for my Honeymoon this last time and the amusement park was number one on my must go to lists.

Tricia said...

I was just as nervous as Benton while he was waiting for Max's reaction. And Hershey? I love that park!!

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks all!

Jean Joachim Books said...

Never been there and always wanted to go! Soooo, loving this story. Dating is good. Men who love men do that, too. Like where this story is going.

Unknown said...

I can’t wait until this one is ready.