Monday, December 11, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt




It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



Today we have a snippet from Last Defense, which is book #5 in the Harrisburg Railers MM hockey series written with RJ Scott. In today’s snippet Ben and Max spend some time getting to know each other.

This week is our picture prompt and all snippets must be 300 words or less.

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!



“Let me just get Bucky and we can go.”
“Bringing your dog?”
“I just can’t leave him behind.” I tugged open my door and Bucky trotted out, tail wagging, eager to greet Max again. The big man ruffled his gray fur with a large hand between the ears.
“Going to be hard to find a place to eat with a dog,” he pointed out.
“Just leave that to me.”
An hour later we were strolling along the paths at Wildwood Lake, a wonderful park that featured wetlands, bike and running paths, and was dog friendly as long as your pooch was leashed. Max and I sat on a bench in the shade of a hundred lush trees, just off a running path, eating some hoagies we’d picked up as Bucky sat at attention, on the watch for squirrels.
I learned a lot about the man I’d been so intimate with. We both talked about our childhoods, our plans for the future, and our shared love of sports. He told me a couple humorous stories about old girlfriends and boyfriends which answered that big question as well.
Our tastes in music were sort of similar, although he confessed he wasn’t big into music. We liked the same movies and watched a few of the same shows on TV. He wasn’t much of a reader anymore he admitted, but did enjoy thrillers. I had a weakness for all things Stephen King even though they scared the wits out of me. Max smiled easily, laughed even more easily, and touched me in soft, private ways that he didn’t seem ashamed of.
After a small brush of his fingers over my forearm, I leaned over to press my lips to his. He never shrank back or acted afraid of being seen kissing a man.
“You ready to go get naked?” He asked, his words dancing over my lips.




Copyright 2017 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



8 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Enough tease to wet the appetite about this story. 😀

Susanne Matthews said...

Love the image of sitting on the bench in the shade of a hundred trees. Well done.

Tricia said...

I love the dog sitting guard against the squirrels. The imagry is so great and I love the way they interact. Great job!

Jean Joachim Books said...

Love this slice of their life and getting to know each other better. Of course I love Bucky, being a big dog lover myself. Looking forward to this story.

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Appealing scenery and interaction as they get to know each other.

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks so much all!

Jillian said...

love it! I especially liked the segueway from learning about each other's likes to the sudden, "let's get naked" part. :)

Trisha Faye said...

You big tease! Leaving us at the end of 300 words right there!