Monday, October 30, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Ghost




Happy Halloween! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.





Today we have a snippet from my current MM hockey romance book, Lost in Indigo. In this excerpt Mat and Indigo discuss the old ghost rumored to haunt Mat’s home.

Our word prompt today is “Ghost.”

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!



“Did you know that old bitchy nurse won’t let me come into visit you because she says, ‘I’ll contaminate the area’ like I was some gross germ-bag.”  He sat down beside me on the bed, his slight weight barely making the firm mattress sag. He wrapped his arms around his long legs, tucking his thighs into his chest. The sight of his calves made me yearn for something. Something like touching the soft dark hair peppering his legs. My gaze moved over slim ankles to his bare feet. His toes were long, nicely-tended, and dirty.
“Maybe she thinks your grimy feet will rub off on the sheets.” I pointed at his toes.
“I just came out of the flower beds around the western side of the house.” That would explain the fresh dirt between his toes and the glow of sun still lingering on his skin. “I’m revamping them.”
I wiggled up a little higher, the blurriness inside my head slowly disappearing. “All of them?”
He nodded, sending some stray strands of hair into his eyes. “You said I could do whatever I wanted. They were too formal for the feel of this house.” His dark eyes went round then. “Did you know that there’s this old gay ghost roaming the place?”
That made me chuckle. “I own the place, so yes, I’ve heard that rumor.”
“Have you seen him?” He pulled his legs closer to his chest, his dirty feet making marks on the crisp, white sheets. Nurse would shit herself in rage when she saw the freshly made bed. “Did he really die while fucking his young lover?”
“That’s what I’ve been told. When Fran visits, you should ask her. She’s the one who knows all the dirty tales on both sides of the river. We passed her island. It’s the one right before mine.”
Indigo laughed. A gentle breeze swept into the den, tickling the sheer curtains and carrying the aroma of river, flowers, and Indigo to me. I breathed deeply. It was hard to decide which scent was the best.
“Dirty tales rock. Oh! So, tell me what kind of flowers you like.” The breeze touched his hair, ruffling it and lifting more smell from him.
“The kind that they use to make your shampoo.” He blinked. I felt stupid instantly.
He stared at me for a long, long time. I began to feel hot under the skin. “My shampoo is a mix of honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine. Same as my body wash. They come in a kit.” He tipped his head to the right. The move made him look flirty like a woman. There’s a word for it, for that kind of look. Kittenish? Coy? I didn’t know but there was something hot and knowing in his gaze.
“Okay, jasmine flowers. Plant them.” God above, let that ease me out of this awkward situation.




Copyright 2017 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



7 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Dirty stories, ghosts and amazing smells...all combos for a great read. 😉

Susanne Matthews said...

Love it, especially the dirty feet. If I garden in crocks,mine get filthy too.

Cathy Brockman said...

What a sweet cute snippet. Great description I love Indigo

Trisha Faye said...

I so enjoy reading your snippets and seeing how you weave the prompt into the story. Great job!

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all for visiting!

Jillian said...

love! I hope we're going to hear more about the ghost!

Tricia said...

They are so cute chatting about the old house. I love these two, Great job!