Saturday, December 17, 2016

Authorly News - Change on the Wind






This past year has been a crazy one. Filled with ups and downs, great moments and not-so-great ones. It was with a heavy heart that I just signed the rights revision letter with Torquere Press. I'm sure many of you have heard that they're folding. Another small press gone. That saddens me terribly. I will always have fond memories of my experience with Torquere. They gave me a chance with my first M/M hockey romance and for that alone I owe them much. I also made some wonderful friends from my time there.


So, I now am looking at about sixteen books coming back to me. Yeah, it's a little overwhelming to say the least. I'm going to work on getting the books from Ellora's Cave - who is also folding and returning rights - up first. I have a new series coming out for the Cayuga Cougars that I'd been sitting on. Now that I own Victor and Dan, I can start putting up more stories about the boys from Cayuga!

Once I get the EC books settled and up then I'll focus on the books from Torquere. I promise those who are fans of my M/M Lake Erie shifter books that I'll for sure be working on getting those back up. It will take time. All the books will need new cover art, ISBNs, and editing, which is costly. I won't get into the money side of all of this but suffice it to say that there has been little royalty money paid out from either house.

Bare with me gang. I'll do my best to get my books back up for you. Until then, I ask that you do not purchase any of my works through Ellora's Cave or Torquere Press. Hold onto your cash for just a little while. Next year is going to be BIG for the Cougar's as well as my other M/M hockey romances. Look for some box sets filled with man-on-man hockey goodness coming in 2017! And my shifter fans, I will not forget you. You have my word on that. Thank you all for your support and love. 

No comments: