Monday, November 5, 2018

Tuesday Tales








It`s time for Tuesday Tales!



Today we have a snippet from Hat Trick, a Railers novella written with RJ Scott. Hat Trick is one of two novellas I’m working on for NaNoWriMo this year, the other one has to be a secret for a little while longer. In today’s snippet Stan gets a phone call that will forever change his and Erik’s lives.

Our word prompt today is “Suddenly.” As this is an unedited slice of work, there may be errors here and there. Be kind if you stumble across any. 

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!




Funny how a man’s life can change with just one phone call. I’d been sleeping soundly that night the news had come, Erik in my arms, our bodies tacky with sweat and semen. My eyes felt as if they had just closed when Elvis suddenly started singing ‘Hound Dog’ over and over. I had found a new ringtone app called ‘Elvis Ringtones’ and picked a new one every week. Elvis had released many, many songs so I could have a new ringtone whenever I wished. That night, it was ‘Hound Dog’ and it played repeatedly. Erik slid over me, mumbling, and grabbed my phone off my nightstand.

“It’s for you. Someone saying something in Russian,” he grumbled. I slung an arm over his back to keep his belly pressed to mine. He let his head drop to my shoulder and his leg shimmy between my thighs. ‘Perfection’ I remember thinking before I put the cell to my ear and everything went upside-down and inside and out. Is there an ‘and’ in that saying? I shook my head. No, I didn’t think so. Inside out. Yes, inside out is right. So yes, the call had come through, the line raspy with static as the service in the small town I had grown up in wasn’t good.





Copyright 2018 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



6 comments:

LeeAnn said...

What a tease! You have Erik and Stan hot, naked and snuggling and then you throw in bad news from home?
Are you trying to kill me?!

Susanne Matthews said...

Great way to build tension. Well done.

Jean Joachim Books said...

Oh, boy! I think I know what's coming!! How exciting. Leave it to you to leave us in suspense.

Cathy Brockman said...

Oh come on! Don’t leave it like this!!! I’m dying!

V.L. Locey said...

Tee-hee-hee...

Sorry about the tease. Sort of. ;)

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Wonderful scene!