Monday, October 22, 2018

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt








It’s time for Tuesday Tales!



Welcome back! This week is our picture prompt week and all posts must be 300 words or under and reflect the chosen image. Today we have a snippet from One-on-One, Cayuga Cougars #5. In this short snippet Lancaster is attending his very first pride event.



Jack had decided to sit on my lap while he was eating the rest of my sandwich. His father stood behind us, sippy cup in hand, red ball cap that read “Make America Bi Again” on his head, his hand down the front of Dan’s shirt a bit. Everyone was so demonstrative. I wished I could get past my hang-ups but holding hands seemed to be about as much as I could do in front of other people.

“I’m such a fuddy-duddy,” I told Town as I bounced Jack on my knee.

“You’re just you. No labels or bad names. Just be you,” Town replied.

Jack looked over his shoulder at me. “Love who you is,” the lad firmly told me.

“I’ll make sure to do that,” I chuckled as a new band came on, this one a mellower kind of soft rock sound that I enjoyed greatly. Kids raced past with balloons and shiny rainbow bracelets. People had pride pups on leashes. The sun was warm on my shoulders and the top of my head, but I had no interest in moving. I had never felt this kind of acceptance in my whole life.




Thanks so much for dropping by!


Copyright 2018 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.




8 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Love who you is.....out of the mouth of babes! πŸ’–πŸ’–

Susanne Matthews said...

Excellent post. Everyone should feel loved and accepted for who they are.

Unknown said...

Loved it.

Jean Joachim Books said...

OMG! The emotion you created in so few words! I choked up. Beautifully done.

Cathy Brockman said...

Awe cute Jack... love it!

Tricia said...

Awesome excerpt! And Jack’s statement was amazing. Getting warm fuzzies! Great job!

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Aww-- sweet scene!

Jillian said...

beautiful. Nicely done.