Monday, April 2, 2018

Tuesday Tales - Strong





 It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



Today we have an excerpt from Goal Line, Harrisburg Railers #6, coauthored with RJ Scott.

Our word prompt today is “strong”. In today’s scene we get to know Gatlin Pearce, tattoo artist and creator of original helmet art for professional goalies. Next week Gatlin will spend some time with Bryan Delaney, back-up goalie to Stan and the man who just may steal his heart. 

This story may have gay erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and mature language. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!







“Are you positive about this?”
I had to ask because part of my job as a tattoo artist is to make sure that my customers are happy with their ink, not just now but forty years from now. Getting a lover’s name placed anywhere on your body as a permanent fixture is dicey. When you’re nineteen and want that name inked into your cock? Yeah, someone needs to sit you down and give you the fatherly talk. I wasn’t a father, but I was an uncle which was kind of the same only better.
“I mean, are you really positive about this, Tim?”
The young man nodded vigorously. “I love Dixie.”
“Yeah, I can see that you do bud, but I loved my old boyfriend Rex too. Until the day I came home last year to find him moving out. When I asked why he said his feelings for me were waning and that he’d come to care about me as one would a dog.”
Tim blinked at me, his soft brown eyes growing dull. “That’s harsh.”
“Yep.” I folded my arms over my chest, waiting for Tim’s rabidly strong love of Dixie to spur him to say she would never leave him. As his brain struggled with the shot of reality old man Gatlin had just laid on him, ELO played around us, filling my small personal area as well as the rest of the shop. “Here’s what we’re going to do,” I finally said as Tim sat there looking like a dumbstruck opossum. “I’m going to give you a week to contemplate this idea. If you come back in seven days and are still committed to getting Dixie’s name permanently inked on your dick, I’ll gladly take your cash and do the work. Deal?”
He looked crushed. I hated to be the one who brought him down, but chances were in a year him and Dixie would be done. Probably she would feel for him as one does a dog. Ugh. Fucking Rex. Someday I’d get over that parting shot. Or not.
“Yeah, sure, okay. Dixie was really excited about it though…”
He rose from the adjustable tattoo chair, which strongly resembles a chair from a beauty parlor, and sauntered out, his shoulders slumped and his steps shuffling. I ran my hands over my face and pushed up off the small stool that I sat on while doing inkwork.
“Another dream crushed,” Jess said as she slipped into my area, her blue eyes glittering with trouble. I looked at my niece, frowned, and then smiled. She was so much like me it was scary. My older brother Garrett often said if he didn’t know I was gay he would have sworn I’d slept with his wife and Jessamyn was the result.
“He’ll thank me when Dixie crushes more than his desire to see her name on his prick,” I replied, reaching up over my head to stretch out my back. Things popped and cracked.







Copyright 2018 ©by V.L. Locey & RJ Scott

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



9 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Yeah..not a good idea to have a name on your member. That was involves a needle there! Yikes!

Susanne Matthews said...

I'm not a fan of tattoos to begin with but I'm afraid that if I saw one on my partner's member, I would burst out laughing. Great tease.

Jillian said...

Great post- this made me laugh: When you’re nineteen and want that name inked into your cock? Yeah, someone needs to sit you down and give you the fatherly talk.

Love these characters!

Tricia said...

Ooh! The thought of being tattooed there makes me hurt and I’m a girl! I’m glad Gatlin talked him out of it. Great job!

Cathy Brockman said...

Great post. It tickled me that a 19 year old wanted a tattoo there. Fun!

Jean Joachim Books said...

Great excerpt! Funny, yet poignant. Ouch! I had the same reaction as Tricia. Made me wince and I'm a girl. Good to have a tattoo artist with ethics.

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Glad he wouldn't do the work immediately! Great snippet.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all for stopping by!

Trisha Faye said...

Great snippet. Do guys really get tattoos there? I'm laughing thinking of seeing Susanne's laughing reaction.