Monday, July 17, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt




Welcome back!




This week is our picture prompt week and all posts must be 300 words or under and reflect the chosen image. Today we have a snippet from Deep Edge, Harrisburg Railers #3, which I’m coauthoring with Rj Scott. In this excerpt, Trent gets his first peek at the Railers, who he’ll be filming a reality show with.

Thanks so much for dropping by!



We could hear them talking. I peeked around the corner and saw them all gathered in a corridor. Eleven or twelve of them. Thirteen if you counted a leaner man with dark hair who didn’t look like be belonged among the troop. A baker’s dozen of them waiting for me to arrive so the torment could begin. Why had the week gone so quickly? I’d been trying to drag it out but it marched on without a care for Trent. Time was a puffy-faced sow. I should have ignored that stupid alarm clock and hidden in my bed all day.

I pulled back from the corner and looked right at my agent. Her nose was pink from the cold in the ice rink. I loved her little puffy teal jacket and made a mental note to ask later about where she’d gotten it.

“Are we sure we don’t want Jane Goodall in the leading role of this show?”

Gayle gave me a withering look. She was quickly perfecting that expression. It would serve her well. Damn. I should have worn one of my tiaras just to twist some nipples. Not that what I had pulled on wouldn’t get things rolling as soon as the simians laid eyes on me. Had Trent dressed to stir things up? Oh yes, Trent had.

I’d gone with the anime look for the day. Colored and teased hair, lined eyes which don’t count because I line my eyes daily, skin tight blue leggings under a short, flouncy kilt of green, blue, all topped with a tight blue and white sweater. Oh, and bright blue hiking boots and a few dozen bangles on each wrist.

“They look like very nice young men,” Gayle sagely replied.







Copyright 2017 ©by V.L. Locey & Rj Scott


*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



9 comments:

Tricia said...

Dang! I can't wait to see how this goes. I love Trent's banter with himself. Great job!

Cathy Brockman said...

Omg this sounds fun!

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks so much Tricia and Cat!

Jillian said...

I love this character! this line is awesome: "I should have worn one of my tiaras just to twist some nipples."

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Clever scene, very visual. Love this line -- Time was a puffy-faced sow.

Trisha Faye said...

I love your description of what he wore. What a visual!

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all so much!

Susanne Matthews said...

Great post! Love the description. Well done.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Susanne!