Monday, March 13, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Lemon




It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



 Welcome back! “Lemon” is our word this week. Sorry I missed last week but I was working on edits for Snap Shot. I’m back this week with more from my current M/F hockey book, Flow, which will be book #5 in the Venom series. In this M/F hockey romance, we’ll get to see the relationship between the Venom goalie coach, Alice Dunlop, and retired Wildcats D-man Bruno Bonbano grow as well as follow the team into their first run at the NAWHL playoffs.

In today’s post, Alice and Bruno are having dinner with family and friends at the Black Boar Inn, a trendy sports bar/pub owned by several Wildcats players.

This story may have erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and crude language, these are hockey players after all. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!




I spotted my group right off. They were seated under one of Bruno’s old Wildcats jerseys encased in glass and hanging on the wall. Steph spotted me and waved. My brother craned his head and smiled as I approached. Happiness radiated out of him. And that was because of Stephanie. I still wasn’t keen on the huge age difference, I suspected it would become problematic if they remained together. But, I’d come to see that while Stephanie might be a young woman she was not flighty or silly. That helped with my concerns a great deal. Didn’t erase them but it helped.
Bruno stood up and pulled out my seat. The other men rose as well.
“You look nice, babe,” Bruno whispered into my ear as I wiggled around him to take my seat.
“Sweet talker,” I replied then sat down. Viviana pushed a glass of wine to me.
“Here, take this to fortify yourself. The place is packed with puck bunnies who, it seems, are all desperate to latch onto a hockey player be he current or retired.”
I scanned the packed pub/eatery and yes, I could spy a few women making eyes at our table.
“I’m not a player. Can I have a prof bunny?” Greg asked as I sipped the white wine Viv had shoved my way.
“You already do,” Stephanie replied and batted her lashes. Greg laughed then pressed a kiss to the back of her hand.
“They are harmless, Viviana,” Alain said then passed me the basket of bread. If I had to guess, I’d say the puck bunnies were cruising Alain, and who could blame them? Lessard was young, rich, famous, French-Canadian, and handsome. Black curls and hazel eyes, the young man was tall and lanky, quick to smile, kindhearted, a staunch animal rights activist, and a coach for special needs and summer youth hockey leagues. Also, he rarely drank. Tonight, he was nursing a soda with a slice of lemon. You could hear the ovaries popping all over the damn bar. No wonder Viviana, who was eleven years his senior, got a tad persnickety about all the female attention her fiancé got. Alain, to his credit, never encouraged the drooling. He was always attentive to ‘His Viviana’ and his love for her oozed out of him. “And they lack your spirit.”
“Mm, spirit isn’t what that last one was rubbing on your arm during that selfie,” Viviana sighed then leaned in to peck her man on his cheek.
“Her spirits was much smaller than yours,” he countered smoothly, drawing a quick smile from Viv. The server arrived to take our orders. The conversation floated along nicely, the meal was delicious, and the bunnies stayed away as we dined. A few couples came over to get Alain’s autograph as we ate, but the defenseman was gracious even then. We lingered over dessert and coffee.



Copyright 2017 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.




6 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Great post. Love the dialogue between Alain and Vivienne.

Jean Joachim said...

I love the women and their men on the Venom. And then you threw me a slice of rich, moist, chocolate cake -- a bit of Viviana and Alain! How I loved them. I'm going to reread their book. This was magical. Thank you.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting, Jean and Susanne.

Cathy Brockman said...

This looks good. I love the cameo of Alain and Viviana

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

"You could hear the ovaries popping all over the damn bar." Love that line!

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks for visiting, Flossie and Catniss!