Monday, February 6, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Metal




It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



 Welcome back! “Metal” is our word this week. Rj Scott and I are still working away on Changing Lines, our M/M hockey collaboration novel. We’re both quite excited to be working on this series of M/M hockey romances. It should be a fun, sexy, and romantic group of books and I cannot wait to share some snippets with you!

In this excerpt, Tennant and Jared run into each other after some on-ice testing in the morning. I think we can safely say that Ten is smitten with the older man.

This story will have same sex moments, strong social issues addressed and crude language, these are hockey players after all. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!




Ten minutes later the four of us who had the fastest times were back out for another three minutes of hell. Yay. Playing hockey was so much fun. It was close but I eked past Troy Hanson, the first line left winger. He was smaller than me and lighter but I managed to smoke him by a full two-tenths of a second. After we caught our breath then it was more testing. Forty meter sprints forward and backwards, slalom pylon tests, and another round of endurance laps.

When my skates hit rubber, I was spent. There was not one little puff of energy for me to pull up from deep within. I desperately wanted some chocolate milk. I wobbled down the hall outside the Railers dressing room, heavy metal music blaring from within, and rounded a corner to find Mads trying to feed a dollar bill into the coffee machine. He glanced over his shoulder. Our gazes met and held. The machine spit his buck back out and he cussed as he bent over to pick it up.

“Need a little zip?” I asked as I padded up to the cold drinks machine.

“Something like that.” He turned the bill around and tried again.

“Got a buck I can borrow?” Mads looked at me as if I had asked him to loan me a kidney. I patted the back of my sweaty hockey pants. “No wallet on me.”

“Oh, sure. Here, use this one. Maybe that machine will like it better.”

“Thanks.” I took the wrinkled one and tried flattening it on the side of the soda machine. Mads dug into his wallet and pulled out a less tattered bill. “So, what did you think of the runs?” I asked to make conversation. Standing beside him, his elbow bumping mine, and not talking seemed weird and awkward.

“You know I can’t discuss those with you,” he replied then smiled as the machine sucked his buck in. Man, that smile…it changed him. The fine lines around his eyes and mouth deepened a little. It made him look a smidgen more mature and ten times hotter. My body tingled, a rush of desire igniting in my belly and spreading out like one of those control burns the forest service does. If I touched him now in some flirty way that contained blaze would roar to life and engulf me as if I were a parched woodland.





Copyright 2017 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.






7 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Well done.

Karen Cino said...

Nice sexual tension. I look forward to seeing this romance unfold.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you so much!

Jean Joachim said...

Love the description of his feelings. Made it so real for me. And the little back and forth between them. Very true to life. Loving this story!

Cathy Brockman said...

I can't wait

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks for dropping by Jean and Cat!

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Nice scene between them! I also enjoyed the ice play.