Monday, February 13, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Love




It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



 Welcome back! “Love” is our word this week. Rj Scott and I are still working away on Changing Lines, our M/M hockey collaboration novel. We’re both quite excited to be working on this series of M/M hockey romances. It should be a fun, sexy, and romantic group of books and I cannot wait to share some snippets with you!

In this excerpt, Tennant and Jared run into each other after some on-ice testing in the morning. I think we can safely say that Ten is smitten with the older man. 

This story will have same sex moments, strong social issues addressed and crude language, these are hockey players after all. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!



“Right, water.” I shot up and hustled into the kitchen. When I returned with two tall glasses of ice water, Mads had gotten his clothing back in place and was flipping through one of the sheet music books that had come with my new used piano. The cubes in the glass clinked against the sides. He glanced up at me standing there staring at him. I held out a glass of ice water. He put the book in front of the other one resting on the music rack. “I didn’t have any lemon or flavoring so it’s just plain Harrisburg city water.”

“Yum,” Mads joked as he took the glass. I sat back down on his left and sipped at my chemical-rich water. Mads took a sip, made a face, and then gently placed his water on the floor by his feet. “When I was a kid we used to go to this lodge up in Chicopee to ski. Along one of the slopes someone – years ago – had run a pipe back into the mountain and fresh spring water ran from that pipe all year round. I’d always stop and drink from it. It was so cold it would make your head hurt like ice cream.” I nodded. “That was the best water I’ve ever tasted.”

“Maybe when you retire for good you should move back to Chicopee and have that water every day,” I offered because he was sounding kind of wistful.

“Maybe I will. So, how are you feeling about things?” Shit. He spun that back around to me fast. I glanced at the sheet music book. It was a Disney one. A few quiet seconds turned into several awkwardly quiet moments. Mads shifted around on the bench. The time had come for me to reply but I didn’t know what to say. Lying seemed shitty. Telling more lies, that is. But admitting to him that my feelings were all over the place when he was near didn’t seem like the way to go. “Ten, if you don’t want to talk about it, that’s fine.”

“It is?” I stared at the cubes in my water. They had tiny little air bubbles frozen in them. That was sort of how I felt. Like I had things trapped inside.

“It is completely fine. Why don’t you play me a song?” His request brought my head up and my eyes from my cubes. He was smiling again. Why did he do that? Didn’t he know he was deadly lethal to any man when he smiled? “You do play. I heard you rocking out in here. I’d forgotten that you did to be honest. Brady plays guitar, right?”

The last person I wanted to talk about was Brady. “Uh, okay.” I bent to the side to put my glass of water on the floor. “What song do you want to hear? I’m kind of rusty, which is why I got the scales and arpeggios comment from my mother.”

“And I thought only aristocratic cats did those.”

“Okay, now that one I get,” I chuckled as he reached for the Disney sheet music book.

“And we thought we’d never find anything in common aside from hockey,” he joked and flipped to a random page then plunked the book back into the rack. “Play this one.”

I glanced at the title. Wow. This hardly seemed like the kind of song I should be playing with his hip keeping mine warm. Then again it had gotten Simba some face rubbing. I’d take a face rub with Mads. Whiskers on whiskers… oh man…

“Okay.” Playing seemed less dangerous than thinking about his whiskers.

“Are there words?” He asked after I played a few notes.

“Yeah, they’re just not on the sheet music. You want the words?”

“Do you know them?” He seemed really into this for some reason.

“Dude, I grew up with Sir Elton John’s biggest fan. I could sing this in my sleep.”

That made his smile wider. Yep, I was going to melt and all those stupid fizzy bubbles trapped inside me were going to float free. Instead of liquefying all over the man, I took a breath in through my nose, let it out the same way, and began playing and singing “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” for him. When the last note faded, I shook off the hold that playing held me in and chanced a peek to my side. Mads looked spellbound or something.

“I told you my finger work was a little weak.”
He needed to say something because I was getting majorly self-conscious. Mads blinked and then leaned in to press his lips to mine. It was a chaste kiss but it nearly knocked me backward off the bench. 





Copyright 2017 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.




8 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

I love that song. I pictured the scene from the movie when I read the post. Well done.

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

HOT scene and wonderful ending. I love how he encouraged the song and then went in for the kiss. Great job!

Karen Cino said...

What a wonderful, playful scene. I loved the Elton John song ( I'm a huge fan) and that kiss at the end sent shivers threw my bones.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all so much!

Jean Joachim said...

I love the slow build up of emotion in this scene. And the power of a simple, chaste kiss. These two are sweet and I love the way they dance around each other.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Jean!

Trisha Faye said...

This is a perfect snippet for the 'love' prompt. Excellent! You can write about hockey, you can write about M/M romance, you can write about music...is there anything you haven't mastered?

V.L. Locey said...

*blushes* Thank you for the kind words, Trisha.