Monday, February 27, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Air


It's time for Tuesday Tales!





Welcome back! “Air” is our word this week. Since the collaboration novel with Rj Scott is now done, I’m kicking off a new book, Flow, which will be book #5 in the Venom series. In this M/F hockey romance, we’ll get to see the relationship between the Venom goalie coach, Alice Dunlop, and retired Wildcats D-man Bruno Bonbano grow as well as follow the team into their first run at the NAWHL playoffs.

In today’s post, Alice and Bruno have a possible morning nookie session interrupted by an old friend.

This story may have erotic scenes, strong social issues addressed and crude language, these are hockey players after all. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!




“Are he and Viviana staying here for the summer then?” I asked while kicking off the covers and burrowing around in the clothes piled in a nicely stuffed chair for my robe. Thank God for room service and hotel laundry. Bigglestrap knocked again. I hurried to pull the quilted belt attached to my robe from the mound of dirty clothing.

“Don’t know yet. Probably.” Bruno padded past the door, turned the knob, and flung it open. I spun around and shoved my arms into the robe, bitching at Bruno all the while. “Morning, Biggie,” Bruno grunted before closing the bathroom door behind his tight ass.

“Yes, well, good morning to you as well, Mr. Bonbano. Ms. Dunlop, you’re a vision as always.” The resident manager said then stepped into my room. Rick, the bellhop who always brings my breakfast scurried into my suite, parked the trolley, tapped his hat, and then hustled out.

“And you, Sergeant Major, are full of shit. Thank you.” I took the neatly folded daily from him then lifted a few lids off the servers. Eggs, bacon, toast, coffee, and orange juice. “Looks delicious. Anything new in this?” I shook the paper before pouring myself a cup of coffee. The thin man in the black suit shook his neatly-combed head. Jane had once commented that you could plumb a house with Bigglestrap’s part and she was right. I often wondered if he used a ruler to ensure his dark hair was parted correctly.

“No, nothing of great interest. The mayor is talking about a summer fest which could be rather refreshing. Let’s hope he doesn’t invite that tawdry chit who won that last talent show the radio station that employs Ms. West ran. I’ve heard more melodious tunes coming from my parrot, Joffrey.”

 He moved around the suite with an air of professional confidence opening draperies as he chatted. Why he – the resident manager – came to my room every day like this was anyone’s guess. Bruno said he thought Biggie, a nickname that Bruno had picked up from Jane, had a crush on me. I thought that was utter horseshit and had told Bruno that. Still, his coming here every morning was a bit odd but welcome just the same. I liked him and I loved his hotel. Renting a suite here was perfect. Month to month commitment. No roots to hold me in this city if the skyscrapers began to capture the dark memories of my lost son.

 “Oh! And there’s a lovely article about the Venom on the front of the sports page. Seems your women making it into the playoffs while the Wildcats didn’t is setting off the wagging tongues.”

         “I figured that would twist a few panties,” I commented then took a sip of the hotel’s amazing coffee.





Copyright 2017 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.





4 comments:

Jean Joachim said...

I'm SO excited! A new Venom series book is taking shape. YAY! Love this snippet. And love that the Venom have outplayed the "Cats. Serves the men right. Heh heh. Love this and can't wait for more.

Susanne Matthews said...

So much info in so few words! Well done!

Cathy Brockman said...

OOH I love it.This book will be awesome and I adore Biggie.

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Great job of letting us get to know them!