Monday, January 2, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Point



It`s time for Tuesday Tales.




 Welcome back! This week I’m kicking off a new story, another M/M hockey tale called Rookie Moves. This novella will continue the romance of Riley Zeally and Keiffer “Rocket” Holden, the stars of On Broadway, which was part of the 2016-2017 Changing on the Fly charity anthology. This story will be part of the 2017-2018 COTF collection and I’m just thrilled to be able to be part of this amazing project to benefit a charity that promotes inclusivity in sports once again.

We’re picking up right at the beginning of the tale and get to meet Keiffer, who is now dating hockey superstar Riley Zeally, the face of New York professional hockey. Our word this week is “Point”. This story will have same sex moments and crude language, these are hockey players after all. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!



The same stupid ass math equation sat on my monitor waiting for my reply. It had been there for five minutes silently passing fucking judgement as I scribbled out numbers and letters on a notepad. I glanced up from my paper and frowned knowing my answer was wrong but not knowing how to find the right answer.

Ax/bx=(a/b) x

“What the fuck is the point of this?” I asked the kitchen. “When the hell am I ever going to use this kind of shit in real life?” I shoved back from the table, threw my pencil on the table, and stalked to the fridge. It was stocked. Sometimes it still took me aback seeing so much food just sitting there waiting for me or Riley to decide to eat it or not. Back in my days on the streets, I could have survived for a month on what Riley’s housekeeper threw out in one week, no lie. The amount of food that got shit-canned around here was appalling. “Stupid fucking math. Like I need math to bus tables?”

Nope. You need math to go to college, asshole.

Right. That deal with Riley. GED and then college hockey. That was the dream. That was the goal. That was why I was cramming like a madman so I could take the GED-TASC test in two days over at the Adult Education Center on Broadway. That was why I was going to miss the trip out to San Jose to watch my boyfriend play in the first two games of the Cup finals. If I got my GED now I could start applying to nearby colleges for the fall semester, tuition paid in full by the man pumping iron with his best friend down the hall. 

I was a Disney princess come to life except I was a dude and an ex-prostitute. Bet Snow White or Sleeping Beauty didn’t have that job skill listed on their resume. Keiffer Holden was living proof that princes do come someday and mostly every night if you know how to use your tongue well.




Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.





5 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

LOL I hated math, too. Never have found the need for algebra since I graduated although geometry has come in handy. Sure could feel his frustration. Good job.

Cathy Brockman said...

I am so glad to get to see more Rocket.. I mean Keifer. LOl I feel his pain. I couldn't figure out the math either!

Karen Cino said...

I love the opening. Back in the day I took calculus 1, 2 and 3. Now, I couldn't figure out a simple equation.

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks for coming by all! Math was always my worst subject back in the day. So I can totally relate to Keiffer's struggle! =D

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Great excerpt! I commiserate with his frustration with math for sure.