Monday, January 23, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt





It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



 Welcome back! This week we have another snippet from my M/M hockey tale called Rookie Moves. This novella will continue the romance of Riley Zeally and Keiffer “Rocket” Holden, the stars of On Broadway, which was part of the 2016-2017 Changing on the Fly charity anthology. This novella will be part of the 2017-2018 COTF collection and I’m just thrilled to be able to be part of this amazing project to benefit a charity that promotes inclusivity in sports once again.

 This week is our picture prompt week and all posts must be 300 words or under and reflect the chosen image. In this snippet, Keiffer has just taken his GED equivalency test.

This story will have same sex moments, strong social issues addressed and crude language, these are hockey players after all. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!




My feet hit Broadway exactly nine hours and forty minutes after I had placed my ass on a seat in the Adult Learning Center. We’d done math and science from nine to twelve thirty, took sixty for lunch, and then came back for social studies and the literary courses that ran until six forty or so. My eyes were exhausted, my back stiff, and my brain fried like a ham steak. I sent a quick text off to Riley.

Me: It. Is. Over. *faints* - K
           
My stomach growled so I jogged across the street to an all-you-can-eat-breakfast-all-day buffet. A quick flash of the black Am Ex and I was seated and waited on. The food was great and I stuffed pancakes into my face as quickly as possible. After a cup or twenty of tea I paid the bill, got some cash, and stepped outside to grab a cab. Sliding into the back I checked my texts. 

Nothing from Riley but that was to be expected. The coach had tightened up the rules about cell phone usage. Since game one had to be played a day earlier than the teams would have liked due to a scheduling conflict for the arena, the players were hitting practices doubly hard. The game was slated to start here at ten so I had a couple of hours to get things ready at the shelter.

The cab stopped at a supermarket and waited while I shopped. Bags of chips and dip, little sausages, pots of plain old yellow mustard, and stuff to make huge bowls of nachos. There was hardly room for me in the backseat with all the bags of grub but that was cool. Once we pulled up in front of the rundown homeless shelter I paid the cabbie, tossed him a tip, and pushed through the doors arms loaded with food.



Copyright 2017 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.







8 comments:

Jean Joachim said...

I'm bit new to this story, but loving it right away. Your writing sucks me in from the first sentence, as usual. Now I want to know how things are going to go down at the shelter.

Susanne Matthews said...

Great job. I'm really enjoying this.

Cathy Brockman said...

I am happy to be getting more Riley and RocketLOL

Trisha Faye said...

I enjoy seeing this side of him - studying at the learning center and buying all the food to supply treats at the homeless shelter. Nice way to work the picture prompt into your story.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all for stopping by and commenting!

Karen Cino said...

I like how you showed Keiffer at the learning center. It was great seeing his softer side bringing groceries to the homeless shelter.

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Such a clear depiction, love it. My brain is often fried just that way:)

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you for visiting Karen and Flossie!