Monday, January 9, 2017

Tuesday Tales - Coffee



It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



 Welcome back! This week we have another snippet from my M/M hockey tale called Rookie Moves. This novella will continue the romance of Riley Zeally and Keiffer “Rocket” Holden, the stars of On Broadway, which was part of the 2016-2017 Changing on the Fly charity anthology. This novella will be part of the 2017-2018 COTF collection and I’m just thrilled to be able to be part of this amazing project to benefit a charity that promotes inclusivity in sports once again.

This week we get a peek at some after sex small talk between Riley and Keiffer. Our word this week is “Coffee”. This story will have same sex moments and crude language, these are hockey players after all. If those things offend now is the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales blog. Thanks for stopping by!



“You and me are like pretzels and peanut butter. Salty and sweet and fucking tasty as hell mixed together,” I told him after I licked my way from his flat stomach to his chin. His smile was rosy and warm. He pushed his hands into my hair then gently pulled my mouth to his, his tongue meeting and slipping over mine. We made out for a few minutes then I stretched out beside him. “Turn off the light.”

Riley reached for the bed stand. The room went dark. I sat up and looked out at the hundreds of thousands squares of lights in a hundred thousand windows. He lay beside me, drawing round circles on my back, his powerful legs crossed at the ankle. I turned on the stereo system with a click of the master remote. One of his playlists kicked in, tossing Jay Z’s “Empire State of Mind” out into the airwaves bouncing off our tacky skin. I chucked the remote back to the stand.

“You okay?” he asked as our breathing quieted.

“I’m just wondering what the kids are doing, you know?”

“The kids being your old friends?”

“Yeah.” Jay Z was waxing all sorts of rap poetry about how inspirational the Big Apple was. I stretched my legs out in front of me and ran my hands over my thighs. They were bigger now, loaded with muscle from working out with the trainer Riley had hired to whip me into playing shape. Amazing what groceries, good health, and proper exercise could do for a man’s body. I was brand new from my shaggy but stylish head to the Giuseppe Durberry sneakers purchased at the shoe salon at Bergdorf Goodman two weeks ago. “Did you know I used to get thrown out of Bergdorf's on a regular basis?”

“No, I didn’t know that.” His hand continued moving over my back, keeping me in touch with him and this place so far above where I had lived for seven years.

“Yeah, security said I looked disreputable so they’d chuck me out onto the sidewalk like an old, used coffee cup. Funny how I looked completely reputable when we went in there. From street rat to sultan just like Aladdin, only you’re my genie." Riley made a grunt of unease. “You know that no matter how you dress me up I’m still going to be that punk that sold his ass to the highest bidder right? That’s all people will see. Fuck.” I rubbed my hands over my face. A short bitter snort bubbled up out of me. “I’m not handling this well.”

“Are you breaking up with me?”

His question caught me totally off guard. I turned from the window and my pity party to stare at his shadowed face. His fingers rested on my lower back.  I wished I could see his eyes better but the early June moon was thin and hidden behind the exhaust cloud that hung low over the city on warm nights.

“Fuck no. Man, no way ever.” I laid down on my side next to him and reached out to cup his face. His jaw was covered with a thin playoff beard. Riley did lots of shit well but growing a beard wasn’t one of them. The patchy hair on his cheeks turned me right on so I lowered my face to his, rubbing all over him like a homeless kitten who’d just been picked up by a kind old lady.

“You’ve been so unhappy lately,” he mumbled, his hands roaming over me, pulling and pushing at me until I was flat on my back looking up at him as he rolled over me, pinning me to the bed. “Is it me? Am I making you unhappy?”

“Shit no, never. I’m making myself unhappy. I love you, Riley.”

“If there’s something that I need to do or buy just—”

I grabbed his face and tugged it down until his nose touched mine. “All I ever want from you is love, man. Just love me. Like right now, Riley. Love me and hold me.”

“I do love you, Keif,” he murmured before capturing my mouth. I rose off the bed to meet him, eager and super needy, pushing my chest into his. “I’ll love you forever,” he whispered between kisses that grew hotter and wetter.

I knew he would. Riley Zeally was that kind of man. I just wasn’t sure what kind of man Keiffer Holden was.






Copyright 2017 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.




7 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Love the description of the 'exhaust cloud hovering over the city. Poignant scene. Well done.

Jean Joachim said...

I love the insecurity you paint with such a fine brush here. So true in all relationships. They seem to have a good understanding of each other, but are dancing around commitment. Beautifully written.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you ladies.

Cathy Brockman said...

Its so sweet and yet sexy too. I live the photogragh

V.L. Locey said...

Aww, thanks Cat!

Karen Cino said...

This scene is hot and sexy. Nicely done.

Trisha Faye said...

Excellent, as always. Steamy, yet tugging on our heartstrings, with the unsure questioning at the end. Great job.