Monday, December 19, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt




Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



Welcome back! This week we have another excerpt from my NaNoWriMo novel, Breakout, which is book #2 in my upcoming Brighton Wood Blades M/M hockey series. This book introduces us to Todd Oleksuk, a defenseman on the Blades who is still deeply closeted, and Lee Odette, a drag queen who will capture and free the heart of Mr. Oleksuk.

Our snippet today is a little bit of dialog between Todd and his mother. To say things are strained with him and his parents would be putting it mildly.
It`s our picture prompt week and the excerpt must reflect the image and be under 300 words.  Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!



As I was washing up my phone started ringing. I peeked into the bedroom. Lee looked to be asleep so I grabbed my jeans off the floor, tugged them over my bare ass, and ran to get the phone before it woke up my beau. Beau. The word was growing on me.
          “Hello,” I panted, trying to balance the phone to my ear while zipping my fly.
          “Hello honey.” I paused in mid-zip at the sound of my mother’s voice. “Are you free to talk? Or do you have a guest?”
          I wasn’t sure how to reply because I wasn’t sure what she meant. Then it came to me. Lee. Lee was the “guest” that she was referring to. My defenses instantly went up.
          “Does dad know that you’re speaking to me?” I tore open the fridge then glared at the contents.
          “Well, no, but I’m sure he’d be wanting me to talk to you.”
          I pulled out a bottle of orange juice then kicked the door shut with my bare foot. The floor was icy cold on my soles.
          “I doubt he wants you talking to me.” She exhaled dramatically. “You do know that I have a boyfriend?”
          I dumped some juice into a glass, tipped it up, and downed it while she tried to think of how to reply.
          “Your father said that you’d been experimenting.”
          That made me smile. It was a bitter smile but a smile just the same. “Mom, I’m not experimenting. I’ve always been gay I just hid it really well.”
          “But you have a wife and children.”
          “Had a wife. We broke up because there was no sexual attraction on my part. I like men. I always have.” I dragged a hand over my mouth. My mother grew silent. 






Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!




4 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Great tease.

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks, Susanne!

Trisha Faye said...

Great scene Vicki. You show us the pain and conflicts going on while keeping us captivated by the two men.

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

I really like the intensity here. Well done.