Monday, December 5, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt





Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



Welcome back! This week we have another excerpt from my NaNoWriMo novel, Breakout, which is book #2 in my upcoming Brighton Wood Blades M/M hockey series. This book introduces us to Todd Oleksuk, a defenseman on the Blades who is still deeply closeted, and Lee Odette, a drag queen who will capture and free the heart of Mr. Oleksuk.

Our snippet today takes place as Todd and Lee are driving along a wintry mountain rode to get to the ice rink for a big game. It`s our picture prompt week and the excerpt must reflect the image and be under 300 words.  Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!



“Oh posh,” he sighed with a swish of his hand in the air, “there will be no punching of parents over me. Todd, your daddy will think what he will of me, and of us, when he finds out. Not everyone can appreciate the radiance of men such as we.”
I had to smile. “I’m pretty dull compared to you.” Lee chuckled. “Seriously, I am a dim little light bulb who was lucky enough to be allowed to plug himself into one of those movie spotlights that brighten the skies over Hollywood.”
          “You can plug yourself into my outlet any old time you want,” Lee said then laughed as hard as I did.
“God, but you make me feel good.”
“That’s my calling. To make men feel good and women envious.”
I believed that he did both daily. Hourly perhaps. The following ten minutes were pleasant. Lee chittered and chattered, commenting on everything and anything, even going as far as to say that he had always admired Bob Seger for allowing his song to be used in conjunction with Tom Cruise in his underwear.
“The world needs hot young men in undies,” he added just as we pulled into the parking lot at the Blades home ice. There were several cars, mostly the players, but a few that I knew to be our backers. By the side of the building sat the rainbow bus, bright and as beautifully proud of its brilliance as my guest was. Guest. That seemed like a cold word for a man that I had been inside of last night. I parked next to Corbin’s big truck then turned my head to admire Lee’s profile.




Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.



See you next week!

8 comments:

Jean Joachim said...

I love watching their relationship develop. Good use of the picture, too. Lee makes me smile with his sense of humor and complete confidence. Love this story.

Susanne Matthews said...

Well done. Like the reference to Tom Cruise.

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks Jean and Susanne! Lee is hard to not like, he's just so comfortable in his own skin.

Amy Casey said...

I love this, so excited for the whole story!!

V.L. Locey said...

Aw, thanks, Amy! So glad it's getting you excited for the book.

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Infectious and appealing.

Jillian said...

Love it. especially this line: “The world needs hot young men in undies"

Trisha Faye said...

Another excellent snippet! And ditto to what Jillian said about your great line.