Monday, November 21, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Bread




It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



 Welcome back! This week we have another excerpt from my NaNoWriMo novel, Breakout, which is book #2 in my upcoming Brighton Wood Blades M/M hockey series. This book introduces us to Todd Oleksuk, a defenseman on the Blades who is still deeply closeted, and Lee Odette, a drag queen who will capture and free the heart of Mr. Oleksuk. Our snippet today takes us back to Lee’s point of view as he sets out to prepare breakfast for him and the shy visitor in his guest room.

Since this is an M/M romance, there may be some same-sex frolicking taking place as well as mature language. If that offends, now is the time to skedaddle along to another Tuesday Tales offering.

Our word prompt for this week is “Bread”.



Call me a silly sap but I set my alarm for ten that morning. After I had blown the dust off the thing. Lee Maxwell Odette does not set an alarm. Ever. But for the man sleeping in my guest room, I would. I wanted to be up, showered, shaved, and with a proper Southern breakfast ready when Todd awoke. Feeling like I had only slept for four hours – which I had – I hit the shower first, running a razor over every part of my body that I dared to run a razor over. Delicate spots were attended to by Fiji, a professional honey wax applicator over at The Tender Rose Spa. Fiji was a linebacker of a man, black as night with pink dreads who loved Whitney Houston. I knew all of this because any man who is smearing warm honey on my taint must answer a few questions first. There are just some things that require a degree of intimacy. Also, I’m just nosy and love to talk.
            After the shower and shave, I spent fifteen minutes going through my wardrobe. I wanted something that was comfy and relaxed to keep Todd feeling at ease, yet I also wanted him to be able to appreciate my finer qualities. I opted to go with leggings again since my guest appeared to enjoy seeing me in them. I wiggled into simple black ones then tugged a burgundy scoop-necked sweatshirt over my damp head. The front of the sweatshirt had “Squad Girls” on it, so, knowing he was a hockey player, I hoped that would be sporty enough for him. I slipped my feet into some black flats, spritzed myself with Sexual Sugar, and then tiptoed past the door to the guest room. The sun shined brightly through my patio door. Snow was blown halfway up the glass doors. I peeked down on the city. Things were crawling along at a snail’s pace as the roads were just now being plowed.
            Yawning behind my hand I stepped into my kitchen and smiled.
            “You are in for a real treat,” I whispered to my slumbering guest and then set to work. First thing was coffee because my ass was dragging and not in my usual professional capacity. As my coffee arrived I toasted a single slice of bread. After my Keurig had made me cup number one, I sipped and watched the local news on my iPad while nibbling toast. The weatherman, a stud of a blond with a smile that seemed a bit too pleasant, assured us that the snow had moved on after dumping up to fourteen inches across the viewing area. Maybe, if I were extremely lucky, they’d not get Todd plowed out and he’d have to spend another night. We could talk more, maybe watch a movie and neck. Mm, necking had my full attention now.


Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.





3 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Well done.

Jean Joachim said...

Love this slice of life of this "hero" of the story. I'm getting to know him, as a person. He's a likable soul. I hope he gets his wish and Todd stays another night. And that we get to read about it!

Trisha Faye said...

Great scene Vicki! I love the peek you gave us inside his head, with the thoughts running around. Gave us a lot of insight to the man and really brought me closer to him.