Monday, October 10, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Gold



Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.




 Welcome back! I’ve just started a novella called Playmaker, which is a Venom book and will center on Whitney Beaupré, one of the women we’ve come to know in the Venom books. This week we’ll get to see how Whitney and her leading lady meet.

This is my first lesbian romance and I am already in love with Whitney and her future lady love! I hope you fall for them as well over the next few weeks. Since this is an LGBTQ romance, there may be some same-sex frolicking taking place. If that offends, now is the time to skedaddle along to another Tuesday Tales offering.

Our word prompt for this week is “Gold”.





I tipped the driver nicely then slid out of the back seat, my gaze now riveted to the bar tucked between a bookstore and a clothing boutique. I breathed in the aroma of freedom for thousands. I was now in the “Gayborhood”, an area of the city near Washington Square, where gay life and businesses abounded. The city had even recognized the area and added gay pride rainbow street signs and crosswalks. It amazed me that all of this beautiful gayness was found just four blocks from City Hall. I ran a hand over my spikey brown hair and walked into Sapphire, my favorite lesbian nightclub.
            Sapphire had a cozy, sexy vibe. The bar area sat directly on the right when you walked in. There was a dance floor back and to the left, separated and yet easily accessible from the bar. Food was served until midnight. The servers and bartenders wore sapphire-colored vests over thin white shirts and black slacks.
The club was hopping already, which set me on edge just a bit. I slipped around the crush at the bar and seated myself at a small table by the dance floor. A thin girl with gold hair in the Sapphire employee garb took my order for a cosmo. I turned my head to study the dance floor. Women of all sizes, colors, and shapes bounced around to a dance remix of Deborah Cox’s “Play Your Part” as my foot bounced to the beat.
            My cosmopolitan arrived. I handed the server a twenty and continued to sit in the shadows, enjoying the dancers and my cocktail. Everyone seemed to be paired up already. Maybe that was for the best. Maybe I should just finish my drink and go home before someone recognized me as a Venom player and—
            “Did anyone ever tell you that you have an amazing brow?” A small Asian woman sat down across from me, startling me out of my ruminations. She was adorable, I saw that right off. Her face was round, her hair short and dyed aquamarine. Her mouth was drawn into a studious pucker. She shoved her hand across the table. “Also, your mouth is perfectly aligned with your nose. Hannah Kym.”
            “Thanks,” I muttered and shook her hand. She smiled and it lit up the club.
            “Would you consider posing for me sometime?” The music died off and applause broke out for the DJ’s choice. I cocked an eyebrow. Hannah Kym snickered as a white strobe light moved over our tiny table. When she smiled, her apple cheeks nearly obscured her beautiful brown eyes. It was beyond cute. She was beyond cute. “Okay, I know that sounds like some lame come-on that a guy would hit you with. I’m really an art student. I’m in my junior year at Temple, and I’d love to paint you sometime. You have this amazing face. Sensual, sad, sophisticated, sullen.”
           


Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!



3 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Well done. This sounds like a great story.

Jean Joachim said...

What a great meeting! They sound like an unusual pair. Intriguing!

Trisha Faye said...

I'm already in love with this story! I can't wait to read more.