Monday, September 5, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Spider



Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.




Welcome back! It’s time for another snippet from my new book! I'm now working on an M/M hockey romance titled Open Net. This is the second novella in the Cayuga Cougars duology featuring LGBT players. This story centers on a young goalie, August Miles, a newcomer to the Cougars that we met in Mario and Lila's novella.

This story contains crude language and gay sexual situations. We are telling tales about hockey players so if that offends now would be the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales offering.  Our word prompt for the week is "Spider”.






Two hours later we were on the road to Elmira, New York. It was a short trip, just a little over ninety minutes. Sal wheedled me into letting him drive my Mustang. You know you trust a dude when you let him get behind the wheel of your most prized possession. The Castenada family lived in a nice middle-to-upper class section of Elmira in a white two story house with a decent sized yard. The house was big and painted eggshell white with blue shutters. As we pulled our bags and stuff out of the trunk, a plane flew overhead.

“There’s an airport close by,” Sal explained then slammed the trunk closed. Hand shielding my eyes I watched the jet gain altitude until the arrival of Sal’s sisters pulled my attention from the plane. Two pretty girls who had turned sixteen last month wearing jeans and light jackets bounced around the side of the house. One had long hair and the other short. That was the only physical difference I could spot in the twins. They smiled sweetly, pulled out a couple of massive squirt guns from behind their backs, and opened fire.

Sal ducked behind me with a shout. I stood in the driveway and took the blast full force. The girls lowered their guns and began apologizing. Sal peeked over my damp shoulder. Water dripped off my lashes and nose.

“Sorry,” Sal said over my shoulder, "my sisters have no manners.” He sounded angry. I thought it was kind of funny although meeting his parents wetted through to my Spider-Man boxers wasn’t on my agenda at all. “You two should be ashamed.” The girls dropped their heads. “For letting me get the upper hand.” 

A water-pistol the size of an RPG came to rest on my shoulder. Sal soaked the girls before they could react with another barrage. The war was over when all the water in all the weaponry was gone. The four of us stood in the Castenada front yard, soaked to the skin, laughing, when a large white SUV bearing magnetic signs on the doors that read “Castenada Cleaning” pulled in and parked beside my Mustang.

“Shit,” Valeria, the twin with the short hair mumbled. Victoria, the twin with the long black hair, threw her gun at my feet as her parents exited their vehicle. Mr. Castenada was a tall, whip thin man with graying ebony hair and a warm smile. Mrs. Castenada was small, kind of round, and rolling her eyes to the crystal blue sky.

“This is how you greet Sal’s new boyfriend?” Mrs. Castenada asked her daughters.

“It’s okay, really,” I said as water trickled down my neck. “Sal warned me about the traditional greeting. I’m fine with being wet. It was fun.”

Mrs. Castenada clicked her tongue and then tried to dry my face with a tissue. Her kids were all talking at once.

“This is not working,” she huffed then tried to pluck tiny bits of wet tissue from my stubble. “My children know better behavior. Come inside and get into dry clothes.”

“Pleasure to meet you, August. Sal has talked about nothing else since he met you.” Mr. Castenada offered me his hand and I quickly took it. Both of Sal’s parents had strong Spanish accents. Mrs. Castenada hustled we four wet ones into the house then sent Sal and me to the laundry room to change while the twins were told to go upstairs but not drip on the new carpeting.

“Your family seems nice,” I told Sal as we peeled our sodden clothes off. “Watery, but nice.”

He chuckled then reached out to caress my upper arm. I smiled at how warm my skin grew under his palm.

“Can I kiss you?”

 “Sure,” I readily agreed then leaned in.



Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey


*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!


4 comments:

Karen Cino said...

What a fun way to meet the family! Great use of this week's word prompt.

Cathy Brockman said...

fun and cute post.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you both!

Jean Joachim said...

I love the warmth among the family members and the humor! Great dialogue and wonderful scene.