Monday, September 26, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt



Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.




It's time for more from my current WIP Open Net, an M/M hockey romance This story contains crude language and gay sexual situations. If that offends now would be the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales offering.

It`s our picture prompt week and the excerpt must reflect the image and be under 300 words.  Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!








“Now why don’t you go upstairs and take a nap with Sal?” Mom patted my face. “You look exhausted.”
“I’m still not sure about that thing in his nose,” I heard my dad telling my mom as I left the dining room.

Chuckling with relief, I pounded up the stairs. Sal looked up from an old copy of “The Long Tomorrow” by Leigh Brackett that had been resting, with a couple other books, on a shelf over my old wooden desk.

“You sure love your post-apocalyptic stuff,” he said then tossed the well-read paperback to the bed beside him.

“I thought you were napping.”
He shrugged. I closed the door behind me and walked over to the bed.
“I did lay down for a bit.” He reached for me and pulled just once on my wrist. I sat down beside him on the double bed. The linens were fresh, releasing a cloud of fabric softener scent when my weight settled on it. The ancient frame creaked loudly. We both winced at the grating sound. “Did you know that if you open that vent on the floor by your dresser, you can hear everything that’s said in the dining room?”

“How do you think I knew what my folks were saying all the time when I was a kid?” I fell back to the bed, the box springs groaning as my weight settled. “Fooling around in this bed is not happening,” I pointed out. Sal settled beside me, his arm lying over my stomach, his head on my biceps.
“Your parents are hysterical.” He pushed my shirt up so he could rub my abdomen. “You lay all that on them, and man, that was a shit ton of stuff to pile on them, and the biggest issue your dad has after the dust clears is my nose piercing. Do you know how amazingly funny, and cool, that makes them?”

“Yeah, I do. I should have told them way before now. I was just scared; you know?” My lashes drifted down to my cheeks.
“Trust me, I know.”



Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*


Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!


4 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Well done. The comment about the nose piercing made me laugh. When I get a crap load of bad news, I usually end up focused on some weird detail, too. lol

Davee Jones said...

As always, I love your descriptors, so beautifully setting the scene. Great snip

Jean Joachim said...

Love how realistic this scene is. Kids and parents. That never changes. Well done!

Jillian said...

Love it and love all the great details - down to the nose ring.