Monday, August 29, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt



Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.





Welcome back! It’s time for another snippet from my new book! I'm now working on an M/M hockey romance titled Open Net. This is the second novella in the Cayuga Cougars duology featuring LGBT players. This story centers on a young goalie, August Miles, a newcomer to the Cougars that we met in Mario and Lila's novella.

It`s our picture prompt week and the excerpt must reflect the image and be under 300 words.  Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!




“Maybe we can just cruise around town.” The thought of heading anywhere that didn’t have paved roads made me twitchy. Heather stuck to her guns and so off to the farmlands we went, my gut knotting more and more tightly with every civilized mile we left behind. “I’m sorry Sal called you.”

            Heather glanced at me from the rolling green countryside. Her eyelids looked heavy.

            “I’m not,” she replied sleepily. I hadn’t heard a peep out of Jack for about five minutes so I assumed he had fallen asleep. The air coming in the windows grew cooler as we left Cayuga proper, so I rolled up my window and Heather did the same, leaving them just cracked an inch or two. “Let’s go down this road here. Brooks and I came up here a couple weeks ago. There’s this petting farm about ten miles down the road. Jack just loved the sheep.”

            I followed her directions. The dirt road was shaded by towering trees. The sun pushed early morning beams of light through the oaks and birch. My foot slid off the gas and we just sat there admiring the beauty of nature.


Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey


*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!


4 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Well done. Sounds like a beautiful peaceful place.

Cathy Brockman said...

Great description I felt like I was there

Jean Joachim said...

Great snippet! I love how fear of the country morphed into awe.

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks all!