Monday, August 15, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Gray



Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.




Welcome back! It’s time for another snippet from my new book! I'm now working on an M/M hockey romance titled Open Net. This is the second novella in the Cayuga Cougars duology featuring LGBT players. This story centers on a young goalie, August Miles, a newcomer to the Cougars that we met in Mario and Lila's novella. This week our two leading men meet!

 This story contains crude language and gay sexual situations. We are telling tales about hockey players so if that offends now would be the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales offering.  Our word prompt for the week is "Gray”.






"Oh look, it's Salvatore! SAL!" Heather shouted over the horn section of the band. I glanced over her head and my gaze locked with warm, dark brown eyes set into an amazingly handsome face. I stumbled over my big feet as a rush of attraction danced over my skin. Salvatore gently wiggled around a dancing couple. As he closed the distance, I checked him out using Jack as a shield. Sal was an older Latina man, late thirties to early forties by the looks. His skin was tawny brown, his hair short and black as obsidian with lots of gray highlights. He was shorter than me by a good five or six inches. His compact frame was casually outfitted in jeans and a soft summer shirt with short sleeves.

He's hot, August. Try not to fall off the dock. Heather and Sal embraced each other, his eyes staying on me even as they briefly hugged. I glanced down at my feet and then up at the clear blue sky.

 "Congrats fellow new nurse, " Heather bubbled as they separated.

"Congratulations to you as well," Salvatore said. His voice was strong and deep. I liked it. I also liked how he stepped around Heather to stand by me. I could smell his cologne now. It was earthy. I glanced to the side to find his gaze still on me. "When you told the class you were pregnant; I didn't think you'd be able to graduate on time. She's an amazing young woman who pulled off something incredible, isn't she?"

"Yeah, she's amazing," I replied while trying to tear my sight from his.

"I had tons of help," Heather said and shifted her son to her other hip. "Brooks watched him at night so I could study and not fall behind. Vic and Dan took him every weekend so I could grab extra credit assignments."

"But it was you who broke her back to ensure she graduated on time," Sal argued pleasantly, our gazes still entangled. "Is this young man a friend of yours?"

"Oh gosh, I am such a bean-head!" Salvatore Castenada, this is August Miles. Augie plays goalie for the Cayuga Cougars," she said while bouncing Jack up and down. "Sal here was in my graduating class and is a new nurse too." Heather patted Sal's biceps affectionately.

"It's a real pleasure to meet you, August." Sal extended his hand. I placed my damp palm over his dry one and fissures of desire crawled up my arm. We shook for much longer than my father would have found acceptable.
                                                                                                 

Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey


*~*~*


Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!


6 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Great job. Good use of words to add deep POV.

Jean Joachim said...

Love that last line!! And the slow and easy way they meet, scoping each other out. Great writing, as always. Evocative and direct at the same time.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Susanne!

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Jean!

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Wow love that last line!

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks, Flossie!