Monday, August 22, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Fan




Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



 Welcome back! It’s time for another snippet from my new book! I'm now working on an M/M hockey romance titled Open Net. This is the second novella in the Cayuga Cougars duology featuring LGBT players. This story centers on a young goalie, August Miles, a newcomer to the Cougars that we met in Mario and Lila's novella. This week we get to see our shy netminder play some hockey! Woo-hoo!

 This story contains crude language and gay sexual situations. We are telling tales about hockey players so if that offends now would be the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales offering.  Our word prompt for the week is "Fan”.









The third period was just as physical but far less sloppy. It seemed as if both teams had been read the riot act because sin bin time was significantly reduced. The hard hits continued but they were clean hits. The net crashing spiked into outrageous levels however. After I had been knocked to my ass for a third time, I got a little upset and had a talk with the ref. I explained that I was worried about how impaired his vision must be since he didn’t see the blatant goaltender interference happening right under his nose. He told me to get back to my crease or I’d get slapped with a delay of game penalty.

            “Blind motherfucker,” I mumbled as I slapped my mask back on my head.

            “I got that dickwad Danielson,” Mario informed me as we waited for a problem with the clock to be fixed. “You just worry about keeping that puck out of our net.”

            I gave him a nod. The forwards gathered to my right for a faceoff. Dan Arou, who had been quiet all night due to defensive pressure, won the faceoff, shuttled the puck back to Mario and then punched Bryce Danielson in the face. It was like that old Bible story about David and Goliath with Dan in the role of David. Dan might be short but he is a freaking force when he’s mad. As Dan and Bryce tossed gloves to the side of me, Mario managed to break away from the glut of players in my end. A couple of the Broncos were distracted by the slugfest and that was all Mario needed. 

            He broke over the blue line and took a snap shot. The Bronco goalie threw his glove up. The puck caught the edge of the catcher glove, spun up into the air, and then landed behind the Bronco goalie right on the line. Mario dove at the crease, his stick extended in front of him. He nudged the puck just enough to send it slowly creeping to the back of the twine. A linesman standing behind the goal pointed at the puck in the net. The goal light came on and the fans went bonkers.

Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!


7 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

What a great job describing the game.Felt like I was there!

Sarah Cass said...

Boy do I love a good hockey scene!! I could see the whole thing in my head!

Cathy Brockman said...

Great descriptions!

Jean Joachim said...

What an exciting moment you paint for us here with your wonderful prose! Great scene.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all so much!

Trisha Faye said...

Great scene Vicki! Perfect way to use the 'fan' prompt.

Tricia Andersen said...

I love the detail! Great job!!