Monday, August 8, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Catch




Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



 It's time to kick off a new book! I'm now working on another M/M hockey romance titled Open Net. This is the second novella in the Cayuga Cougars duology featuring LGBT players. This story centers on a young goalie, August Miles, a newcomer to the Cougars that we met in Mario and Lila's novella. This week we're at the beginning of August's story and Victor Kalinski, an associate coach on August's team, is mouthing off about a disco band his baby momma hired for her college graduation party.

 This story contains crude language and gay sexual situations. We are telling tales about hockey players so if that offends now would be the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales offering.  Our word prompt for the week is "Catch.



            "I knew it," Vic smiled then leaned on me just a bit. "I told Heather that but she informed me that I was a smashed asshole and hired this lame-ass band anyway. If you see me wading out into Seneca Lake with a glazed look on my face, don't be alarmed. I'm just drowning myself to end the misery this music is inflicting."

            "Okay, I'll let you kill yourself," I muttered and dared a glance at the bearded redhead hanging off me. He gave me a scorching look.

            "I was kidding, Augie."

            "Oh, yeah, I knew that." I doubted I would ever really catch on about the sarcasm. Since that was mainly what Victor spoke, I was doomed to make a fool out of myself every time we made dialog happen.

            "No you didn't, you dweeb. So, did you bring a date?"

            "Oh no, nope, no date," I stammered, my gaze roaming the gathering in search of Mario and Madame Lila. 

            They were late. I really needed someone to buffer this man and me. The longer he talked the more anxious I got. Why he always needled me about my social life was another mystery for the ages. Maybe he was like a dog, and once he sensed your fear he just kept nipping at your heels. Not that Victor was mean. Well, okay, he was mean, but he was that way with everyone, not just me. 

            Probably it was just me being over-sensitive. Lila always says I'm too gentle of a soul to be associating with this wild band of skating gorillas. I liked Lila. She was the closest thing to a mother I had ever known, and she was so at peace with herself and her identity. I really envied her. Hell, I envied all the Cougars who were able to be themselves in public.



Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!





7 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Great beginning Vicki. Looking forward to more.

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks so much, Susanne!

Jean Joachim said...

Love the diaogue -- so real, and the message you convey.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Jean!

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Absolutely love his final thought!

Tricia Andersen said...

Loved it! I loved how uneasy Vic made me feel. Great job!

Jillian said...

Love the skating gorillas part. Very visual. AND that the cougars can be themselves.