Friday, August 19, 2016

Hat Trick of Questions #3




I’m having such fun with this I couldn’t wait to do another! If there’s something you’d like to know about any of my upcoming books or just want to shoot a question at me, feel free to do so. I’ll do my best to answer your queries! Time to tackle this trio now.








1-What’s the one genre that you haven’t written but would love to?

Fantasy. I love, love, lovey love playing fantasy video games such as Dragon Age (Proud member of Team Alistair here), The Witcher, and the Elder Scrolls. I adored Skyrim so much I went out and got a tattoo of dragon language on my left forearm. My daughter has a matching one. It reads MOTHER AND CHILD.



Dragons, elves, fairies, mages, and dwarves. Sigh. I love them all but I’m not sure I have the skills necessary for the detailed world building that makes fantasy so amazing. Maybe one day I’ll work up enough nerve to try a simple short story about a young male elf falling in love with a young male dwarf. I do love me some forbidden love. Okay, maybe this needs to happen sooner than one day! *wink*



2-Do you read lots of “How-To Write” books?

Honestly, I haven’t read a How-To book about writing for years. I did when I first started seriously writing and it almost killed my muse. I’ve learned that other people’s process is not my process. I have to do what works for me and not what works for Mary Sue Author. When people ask me which How-To write book I recommended, I generally tell them to feel free to read whichever book sounds good to them but then toss it aside and write the way that feels natural to them.



3-If you could have one X-Man superpower what would it be?

I’ve always loved the notion of being able to teleport like Nightcrawler.



Imagine how awesome it would be to BAMF! to the grocery store and then BAMF! back home. No cars, no busses, no subway or train rides. Just a small cloud of brimstone-scented smoke and you’re there and back. Also, Kurt’s tail would be super handy when putting those groceries away!

No comments: