Monday, July 11, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Smudge




Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



 It's time to have more zombie fun! Today we have another excerpt from my LGBTQ zom-rom-com Two Guys Walk Into an Apocalypse 4 - Zombies, Zendra, and Ziegfeld Follies.

 This story contains crude language, gore because of the darn zombies, and gay sexual situations. If that offends now would be the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales offering.  Our word prompt for the week is "Smudge".

Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!




I sat on the damp ground, my shirt soaked, and my legs stretched out in front of me. I opted not to look back at Slug or his pillowcase.

"What do you want?" I asked my voice a little thick and scratchy from coughing up water.

"Well, for starters, your name would be nice."

"Lynyrd Skynyrd," I replied and one fool behind me gave a short grunt of approval. Mercury did not seem as amused as his dimwitted friend did. His mouth now resembled a paper cut and I could see a glint of anger in his green eyes. He had a small smudge of dirt on his chin that captivated my attention for some bizarre reason.

"Funny, you don't sound Southern," Mercury coolly replied and lifted a hand. Two men hefted me from the ground. "Maybe the shot Marcus gave you to the back of your pretty blond head rattled you so badly you can't recall things. Let's try again. What's your name?"

I jerked in a vain attempt to get my arms free from the morons holding them. "Lynyrd Skynyrd and I'm from Alabama. I had a sweet home down there before phobies showed up and—"

I heard Mercury shout "Not his face!" before the blow to my stomach bent me over. The pain was incredible. My legs felt weak. Someone jerked a pillowcase over my head and I fought madly. I managed to get a fist to a body part but was overpowered quickly.

"Stop, stop, that is no way to treat a new friend," I heard Mercury say while I struggled to draw a full breath through the filthy pillowcase. "Now, Mr. Skynyrd, I have no desire to harm you or injure that face of yours. I just want to know your name and where you're from." His voice remained calm. I squinted to see him through the pillowcase. My heart thumped violently behind my ribs. "So I'll ask again. What is your name?"



Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!



4 comments:

Joselyn Vaughn said...

Dramatic scene! I loved the line about his mouth resembling a paper cut.

Trisha Faye said...

OH, you naughty girl! Leaving us right there. You're so good at that.
I love the Lynyrd Skynyrd, Alabama and sweet home references!

Jillian said...

Great scene. I love the bravado of Mr. Skynard. :)

Tricia Andersen said...

The Lynyrd Skynyrd reference was priceless! I love where this is going!