Monday, June 6, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Pencil




Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.




 It's time to have more zombie fun! Today we have another excerpt from my LGBTQ zom-rom-com Two Guys Walk Into an Apocalypse 4 - Zombies, Zendra, and Ziegfeld Follies.

 This story contains crude language, gore because of the darn zombies, and gay sexual situations. If that offends now would be the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales offering.  Our word prompt for the week is "Pencil".

Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!




"I have a sign-up sheet," Gordon said. I shook off the lazy doldrums that a belly filled with squirrel stew and a hot fire had brought about. My sight jackknifed to my husband. "You knew it was coming, Paul."

"Did you sign up?" I asked although I knew that he had. Gordon had been shoved into the role of reluctant leader so of course he had penciled his name onto the sheet. My stew flipped over in my gut as if the squirrel were still alive. He nodded as his gaze roamed from me to Jules. Our son was among the other Inuit children, running a toy truck that was missing a wheel over the plank flooring. I sucked in a long breath then exhaled through my nose. "When are you planning on leaving?"

"The day after tomorrow," Gordon sighed then folded his arms on the table. "We need more medications. We have small kids here and no antibiotics left. Also we are growing critically short on—"

I held up a hand. "You don`t have to list our shortages. I'm aware. I hate these scavenging expeditions." It was a terrible feeling to watch the man you love leave and not know if you would ever see him again. How military spouses did it before the world crumbled is simply beyond me.

Gordon gave me a weak smile. "I know you do, but it has to be done. We'll be fine. Joe knows several small towns within a two-day ride. We'll be back before you can miss me."

"Impossible," I whispered then leaned over to peck his bearded cheek. "You do recall that I have the Spring Fling talent show planned for next Sunday after service. If you don`t come back to see me in it, I will be incredibly put out with you."

Gordon chuckled softly. "As if I would miss that," he said then pecked my lips.






Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!


5 comments:

Jean Joachim said...

Great building of tension and painting the new world. Squirrel stew? Ugh!

Karen Cino said...

I hope he is coming back for the Spring Fling talent show. Nicely penned snippet.

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

I like how they eat unconventional food to survive and think nothing of it and still have creative entertainment in the way of a spring fling. I imagine it's the way of our ancestors and civilizations that have fallen.

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks all!

Trisha Faye said...

Very nice! You're such a multi-talented writer, spreading your excellence across many genres.