Monday, May 16, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Save



Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



 I'm still chugging away on an LGBTQ hockey romance titled Snap Shot. This story contains crude language (they are hockey players after all) and gay sexual situations. If that offends now would be the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales offering.  Our word prompt for the week is "Save". 

Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!



            She leaped up and scurried off, her silky yellow robe and gown fluttering behind her. I sat back in my chair and stared out the window at the darkness. Sweet Mary Madonna, she had a kid. My ass felt numb so I shifted around a bit. Lila sailed back into the kitchen, a fancy quilted scrapbook held to her chest.

            "Here now, this is my Langley." She said after sitting down and flipping the scrapbook open. I looked down to see a young man who looked so much like Slash from Guns-N-Roses all he needed was a top hat and a smoke dangling from his lip to take the tribute band on the road.

            "His mother was white," I said and looked at Lila for confirmation. She nodded then turned another page. "He's how old now?" I enquired as she flipped page after page.

            "Fifteen. He'll be sixteen in November." Right. She had already mentioned that. Damn but I was rattled.

            "Well, he seems to be a good-looking kid if he didn't have all that hair in his face," I commented and she beamed with parental pride.

            "He is quite good-looking, and smart. Also, on the road to some trouble." The glow of pride left her eyes to be replaced with worry. "He's been getting into some misadventures."

            Our eyes met over the scrapbook. She was sitting on something big, something that she was worried about telling me. I could see the trepidation. Blessed Mother save me from what that something big might be.


            Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!



7 comments:

Karen Cino said...

I can't believe you left us hanging like this. I hope he isn't into any major trouble.

Anonymous said...

More twists! I can't wait!

V.L. Locey said...

Things are getting quite interesting, I agree!

Jean Joachim said...

Uh oh. Something big is coming down. Great suspense and character development.

V.L. Locey said...

I think you might be right, Jean!

Jillian said...

love it and that the kid looks like Slash is cool. I can totally see him!

Trisha Faye said...

It's like a double whammy. One twist right after the last one.
Excellent!