Monday, May 2, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt




Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.




 I'm still chugging away on an LGBTQ hockey romance titled Snap Shot. We're doing a picture prompt this week so all entries must be 300 words or less. To accommodate the word limit I had to whittle on this excerpt but next week we'll see exactly what the secret is that has Lila so shaken. 

This story contains crude language (they are hockey players after all) and gay sexual situations. If that offends now would be the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales offering. These excerpts have not been professionally edited so please be kind about any flubs you may find. 

Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!



          "I'd been hoping to keep this from you until we had more time invested into our relationship. I was scared of losing you when you found out, Seamus."A small tingle of unease crept up my spine. The kitchen still smelled of primavera sauce. Usually that was a calming aroma but not this morning.

            "Lila, I'm not going anywhere. Well, I mean I am in the physical sense but not in the emotional sense. Soon as I can get a day free I'll be right back here begging for more of your sweetness." This was so unlike her. Usually my Lila was so sure of herself and her lifestyle.

            A trembling smile played on her full lips. "You might change your mind when I tell you this." She blew out an unsteady breath over pursed lips, took another sip of her sickeningly sweet coffee, swallowed several times, and then began her tale. "Once upon a time there was a little black boy named Joseph Lewis Abernathy who was born in Detroit but spent his childhood in Flint. Little Joseph was not a happy child because as soon as he was old enough to understand the concept of boy and girl he knew that God had put him in the wrong body."

            She had never once spoken of how her past had shaped her. I had never asked because it was her story to tell when she was ready and I loved her as she was now. While her journey was important, it wouldn't make an impact on my feelings about her. She was my woman and I adored her. I wanted to say something but didn't know what so I sat there, mug resting between my big scarred hands and just let the woman talk.

           "Well, as soon as Joseph mentioned this to his parents, they told him that he was stupid and weird to want boobies since he was a boy. Therefore, Joseph, who did not want to be stupid or weird, never told anyone about how badly he wanted to be a girl. He hid it deep inside and his parents thought he forgot about being weird and stupid. They were happy to see that phase pass. Joseph dated girls and went to college where he studied theater while his parents thought he was majoring in accounting."


            Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey
            

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!


8 comments:

V.L. Locey said...

Trisha Faye, I mistakenly deleted your comment! My gosh, I need more coffee in me before I try to blog it seems. Apologies for that and thank you for dropping by! I know, it was an awful place to stop. We'll see just has Lila so rattled next week, I promise!

Susanne Matthews said...

What a place to stop! My mind is full of possibilities ranging from a deadly disease to an illegitimate child. LOL

Jean Joachim said...

Love you taking us on his/her journey. But it cracked me up that he was studying theater and telling his parents it was accounting! Great story.

Cathy Brockman said...

Every story gets better and better . I love Lila

Karen Cino said...

Thank you for opening up a whole new world to me. I am interested in reading his/her journey and how his parents and friends relate to this transformation. By the way...nice way to leave us hanging.

V.L. Locey said...

I'm humbled to be able to bring Mario and Lila's story to everyone who visits Tuesday Tales. I can only hope I do them justice.

Trisha Faye said...

No worries Vickie. I did that too on one of my A to Z comments. I felt horrible, but there's nothing to do once its disappeared.
Great snippet!

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Great emotionally laden snippet.