Monday, May 9, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Hug




Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



 I'm still chugging away on an LGBTQ hockey romance titled Snap Shot. This story contains crude language (they are hockey players after all) and gay sexual situations. If that offends now would be the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales offering.  Our word prompt for the week is "Hug". The final paragraph from last week will start things off.

Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!



            "Well, as soon as Joseph mentioned this to his parents, they told him that he was stupid and weird to want boobies since he was a boy. Therefore, Joseph, who did not want to be stupid or weird, never told anyone about how badly he wanted to be a girl. He hid it deep inside and his parents thought he forgot about being weird and stupid. They were happy to see that phase pass. Joseph dated girls and went to college where he studied theater while his parents thought he was majoring in accounting."

            "You'd be a terrible accountant, baby. You can't even balance your checkbook."

            She smiled warmly and reached out to pat my cheek. "You do know me well, Seamus." I nodded. Her hand drifted back to her cup of coffee. "During Joseph's 'Lost Years' as I now call them, he dated a young woman. She was very nice and had a lovely smile. Joseph impregnated this young woman."

            Lila threw a quick glance in my direction. I stared openly at her. "So you have a kid?"

            "Yes, he's fifteen now. I know that you must think I'm a horrid person for not telling you about this sooner, but I have crossed that bridge too early in a relationship before and it sent the man running."

            My thoughts were whirling. Lila sat there waiting for me to say something so I forced something out.

            "I told you I'm not going anywhere. So, you have a kid who lives with his mom."

            "Well, yes, he did for a few years but she passed away when he was five from a congenital heart disease. Langley, that's his name," she said and I bobbed my head. "I had just begun to embrace who I was by the time Langley needed a parental figure. When I appeared at the funeral to ask for my son Marlene's father took one look at the big black man in a stunning aqua dress and decided that Langley should not be raised by a cross-dressing freak. His exact words, not mine."

            "Oh baby." Anger ignited in my gut.

            "It was very rude and hurtful of them, of course, but I acquiesced to their demands to raise my son. It was my worst failure as a woman but I was young and new to myself. My self-confidence was not where it is today." She looked like she needed a hug but when I moved to embrace her, she waved it off with a determined look settling on her face. 



Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!



9 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

How mean and cruel--but also typical of the times. Looking forward to learning more about Langley.

Cathy Brockman said...

Wow you gobsmacked me with that one!

Karen Cino said...

I'm looking to learn more about Langley. How terrible to treat someone like that.

Trisha Faye said...

That was a twist I didn't expect! You write your characters so well I begin to think of them as real people.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all. Yes, the times are changing but not nearly quick enough it seems.

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Interesting story. Looking forward to more.

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks, Flossie!

Jillian said...

how sad about the son. I can totally see that funeral scene and the way that had to have played out.

Jean Joachim said...

What a great twist to this story! Can't wait to see where it goes from here.