Monday, April 11, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Phone



Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



Today we'll begin having snippets from my current works-in-progress. I've just started working on an LGBTQ hockey romance titled Snap Shot, which is a spin-off from my Point Shot trilogy books. Snap Shot stars everyone's favorite kilted Cougar, Mario McGarrity and his lady love, Madame Lila.

This story contains crude language (they are hockey players after all) and gay sexual situations. If that offends now would be the time to move onto another Tuesday Tales offering.  Our word prompt for the week is "Phone".

Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!



            There were a couple thousand reasons why I should have kept my ass in New York State and yet here I was, aching back and gummy eyes, with another hour and a half to drive. My mother used to say that she thought the doctors had dropped me on my head after I had been born and never told her about it. Most days I agreed. There had to be a reason a man of mediocre skill and thirty-six years of age was still playing hockey in the minor leagues. Let's not touch upon the stupidity of making this trip when I would just have to turn around tomorrow morning and return to Cayuga for a mandatory scrimmage at nine.

            I glanced at the rosary dangling from the rear-view of my Highlander - because what other kind of vehicle would a McGarrity drive - and mentally crossed myself. If mom could only see whom her precious boy was consorting with, she'd drag me to the confessional before I could spit.  I'd confess my sins, do my penance, and head right back to Scranton. Because Lila was there and I had become so addicted to her that I'd drive from Cayuga to Aberdeen just to watch her boil *#*#* eggs, the slight glitch about the ocean in the way be damned.

            I rolled my shoulder and moaned. The bruise across my kidneys ached like a *#*# rotten molar. Reaching for the phone resting in the holder next to a large cup of sweetened black pulled a groan from me.

            "*#*#* Danielson," I winced as white-hot pain speared me in the back. "I'll put your wax on next time we meet, you prick." That chirp was good. I hoped that I could remember it when we faced the Bronco's the next time.

Copyright 2016 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!




8 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

Looking forward to more.

Jean Joachim said...

I love it! Another terrific hockey story is unfolding and I'm already sucked in. Great beginning. I also want to know what he's doing in the minors.

Karen Cino said...

Ouch! Boy could I feel his pain. Look forward to next week's edition.

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks all! I'm already in love with Mario!

Michaelle said...

I did alllllllll kinds of fangirl flailing on the Goodreads post since I wasn't sure if I could link images here.

*still flailing*

V.L. Locey said...

You rock, Michaelle! And I LOVED those fangirl flails on Goodreads.

Trisha Faye said...

Loved it! I was missing the story you just finished up. But I read this and you're forgiven now. Can't wait to read more.

morgan said...

I love your portrayal of gritty, authentic characters. They always have the feel of someone I might have met somewhere. Great job.