Monday, February 8, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt


Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.




Today we have another snippet from Dear Jon. It`s our picture prompt and the excerpt must reflect the image and be under 300 words.  Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!




            His mouth roamed over my abdomen, nipping in a most placating manner. I was not going to be seduced out of my pique that easily. My fingers lingered in his hair as he tasted my skin. The bed groaned slightly when his weight shifted. I hoped Andy stayed asleep for just a little while longer.

            “You`re in a tiff yet, I take it?” Ross murmured, his voice vibrating through my belly. My silence spoke volumes. The man exhaled as if he bore the weight of the Pharaoh after Moses began bringing about plagues and other assorted bad things. Even a quick lap of my navel didn`t break the ice. Ross sat up. I lay on his bed, the birds singing merrily just outside his window, and looked up at him. My fingers itched to rake through the hair on his chest. “Jon, I hate to say this, but you`re behaving like a child.”

            My eyes narrowed. I threw myself from the bed. Ross flopped to his back. Padding around the small but neat room, my eyes kept flickering back to him stretched out over his mattress with just his denim work pants on. His arousal was evident, as was mine, but I had a nit to pick and pick it I would.

            “I`m really mad at you about this whole librarian dating scheme,” I said. The man folded his thick arms over his chest. One dark eyebrow went up.

            “I would have never guessed.”

Copyright 2013 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the talented Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!


11 comments:

Jean Joachim said...

Love their banter and how Jon's anger interrupts their lovemaking. Conflict with a flavoring of steam. Very nice, as usual! Love this story.

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks, Jean!

Susanne Matthews said...

Well done. I really like: The man exhaled as if he bore the weight of the Pharaoh after Moses began bringing about plagues and other assorted bad things. Great image.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Susanne!

Cathy Brockman said...

i love this story

Iris B said...

Excuse me! I'm not ready, yet, for a fight between them. I hope they can get it sorted out quickly. I can see the reasoning behind both sides.

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks for dropping by Iris and Cathy. I hope they don't get into a huge fight either, Iris!

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Great emotional scene between them!

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Flossie!

morgan said...

Lovely. The last sentence really sealed it. :)

Jillian said...

Love it! The nit pick line was awesome.