Monday, November 2, 2015

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt



Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.




Today we have another snippet from Dear Jon. It`s our picture prompt and the excerpt must reflect the image and be under 300 words.  Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!




Andy and his new wooden horse were spinning in circles. I fiddled with my tie. I felt overdressed. Hell, I knew I was overdressed. Even the waitress gave me the once-over with a penciled eyebrow when I sat down at the counter. Was it so wrong to want to show Ross Coleman that I was dapper? Shit. I was overdressed. The bells ringing over the door put starch into my spine let me tell you.
I spun around. There in the doorway stood Ross Coleman. We both smiled. He was all sorts of spiffy in a dark blue suit with grey pinstripes and a matching hat. Guess we both wanted to impress. At that moment, all I wanted to do was peel that suit off him. Instead, I stood up and walked over to greet him with a handshake.
“Mr. Coleman,” I said his hand hot and firm in mine. I worked on looking as cool as an autumn breeze moving through colored trees.
“I thought we got past that, Jon.” He smiled. His cheeks were still pink from the razor and aftershave.
“Sorry, Ross, old habits die hard.” We stood there shaking until an older couple tried to enter the diner. Tossing that warm hand aside, I jumped back, doffing my hat at the woman in apology. “Do you want a seat at the counter or a booth?”
His grey eyes glanced around me. A playful smile moved over his mouth.
“Andrew would be beside himself if we removed him from that stool.”
I turned to see my nephew still going around and around.


Copyright 2013 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the talented Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!



8 comments:

Iris Blobel said...

nice snippet to show the moment between them two. liked it.

Susanne Matthews said...

Another great scene. Having dealt with kids on spinning stools, I wouldn't try to move him either. lol

Jean Joachim said...

Oooh, things are beginning to heat up! I like it. And I love the reference to the pinstriped suit. The historical aspect is always a draw for me. Great story. Love reading more every week.

Jillian said...

Nice! I love the tension between them.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all so much for dropping by!

Cathy Brockman said...

I love this story

trishafaye said...

Darn picture prompts. I wasn't ready to stop reading yet! I love this story. Excellent way to work the picture prompt into the story.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you both Trisha and Cathy! Next week the post will be a wee bit longer. =)