Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sunday Ramble - Getting Ready for NaNoWriMo





Ah yes, it's that time of year again. Time when we authorly types decide, for some manic reason, to pledge to write 50,000 words in a month. A month for me that has a book release, a major holiday and a trip to NYC to see my Rangers mangle play the Flyers.



Why do we do this? I can't say.  Must be we writers like to weep and wail and type until our fingers bleed. We're a wacky lot, trust me.

I've been participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) for several years now. Sometimes I use the mad rush to crank out novellas, or to pen a tale in a genre I don't usually write. It's fun to spread your wings on occasion! I once wrote an M/M historical western just to try my hand at it. This year I'm going to write a M/F motorcycle story told from a male point of view. I've never written a heterosexual male POV before so I'm looking forward to it.

The book is called Legacy:Resurrection. I even made a mock-up cover for over at the NaNo site because I simply do not have enough to do. I need help. Someone please send Henrik Lundqvist to save me from myself! He's good at saving things.



So while I work away on Legacy and get to know it's star, Decker Law, a bit better, I won't have time to write original posts for Sundays. What I plan to do is share some snippets from the NaNo novel in place of my Sunday Rambles. We'll still have Tuesday Tales and Throwback Thursday Tunes, no worries! To help us cope with no rambling posts about who knows what, why don't we give Decker another peek.


Mm-hmm. If that man isn't inspirational I don't know what is! Is anyone else taking part in NaNo this year? If so, and you'd like a writing buddy, look me up under V.L. Locey. I'd love to have more folks to share the madness with.




No comments: