Wednesday, August 5, 2015

There Are No Gay Players In The N.H.L.







Yes, that header and image certainly grabs your attention, doesn't it? I know it did mine. So I then followed the link to the blog of a friend of mine, and fellow hockey romance author, Bianca Sommerland. After reading the first two posts of her series, I was so moved that I immediately contacted Bianca to ask for permission to re-blog her posts.

I also offered to help to spread the word and keep this topic in the public mindset.She graciously offered me the chance to write a post for the series. Hopefully my post about the pressure that being a closeted gay man in collegiate/pro hockey will help get people talking, or at the very least, thinking. You can find my contribution to Bianca's series here:

The Strain on Gay Collegiate/Pro Hockey Players

As an author of gay and straight hockey romance, I feel I need to do whatever I can to help gay athletes find the courage to be who they really are. I know that this is going to take time and patience. Until the day when all athletes no longer have to fear being themselves, we must keep pushing for acceptance in every locker room.

Here are Bianca's first two posts in the series. I hope they moves you as much as they did me. Please feel free to share if you wish. The more people this reaches the better! Take a few moments to find out why the above image was taken down on the day it was put up and then tell me that we still don`t have a long way to go for the cause of battling homophobia.


Bianca Sommerland- There Are No Gay Players In The NHL - Part One

Bianca Sommerland - There Are No Gay Players In The NHL - Part Two








No comments: