Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Ramble - My Top 5 Musicals






I don't know about you but I LOVE a good musical! The singing and the dancing always make me feel so happy and lighthearted. Of course, there are a few that are my favorites, and I thought I would share my top five with you today. I would love to hear what your favorite musicals are! Just tell me your picks down in the comments section. These are in no particular order. It was hard enough trying to narrow it down to just five!

Grease

I have probably seen this movie a hundred times if not more. Danny and Sandy are great but Rizzo steals the show as far as I'm concerned!



My Fair Lady

This may have been the first musical I ever saw. To this day, it still delights me as does anything Audrey Hepburn starred in.



Les Miserables

Okay, I'll confess. I wept like a baby three times seeing this in the theater. I am known to belt out a killer rendition of Master of the House while driving!



Singing in the Rain

A true classic with one of the best singer/dancers ever to grace the silver screen, Mr. Gene Kelly. 


The Sound of Music

Is there anyone out there who doesn`t know at least one song from this amazing musical? 



Honorable Mention

While I just adore the following two movies, I can't really call them true musicals as there is no singing. Since I use that as a criteria, they had to be omitted from the top 5 list. But, they are not to be forgotten! 

Dirty Dancing

Another film that I have watched over and over and over. The romance between Baby and Johnny is a true classic and the dancing is sheer perfection.


Footloose

What a premise for a great movie. A town that doesn`t allow dancing and the adorable kid who brings the joy of song and dance back.


5 comments:

Tabitha Shay said...

A great list to be sure....Here's mine, in no particular order...
1--Grease.
2--The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
3--Little Shop of Horrors.
4--Wizard of Oz.
5--The King and I.
Honorable Mentions--Though this one is a Jukebox musical, I loved it and have to list it here--
Mama Mia!
Oklahoma! B/c of course, I'm from Oklahoma.
There are several more I could mention, but that's not fair...lol...

Cindy Bartolotta said...

I too love musicals. My top two favorites are tied for 1st place: Man of La Mancha and Shenandoah. I also like George M, Candide, Pippin and some others. I never saw Les Mis.

Angie Malone said...

My top 5 in no particular order;
Funny Girl
Meet Me in St Louis
Grease
A Star is Born - both versions!
An American in Paris

Musicals are one of my favorite types of movies. I wish that more were made in films!

Tamara Hoffa said...

You have a few of my favorites. I love My Fair Lady, and Grease is always the word! I also love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The King and I, and Mame.

V.L. Locey said...

What great choices everyone!